Ugly Stik choices

Neo1945

I need to make a compromise on the rod for my new Sealine SG-LCA reel. I like the Ugly Stik idea but they sell one for Downrigger 9' light, one for Dipsey 10' MH and I would also like to use it for jigging for LT on Seneca. Which one to do all three or is that not such a good idea?

Thanks as usual.

Model Bwd 1101 9ft for riggers, core, or copper. If your using a bait cast for jigging you could get away with it. No way would you want to use a dipsey rod for jigging. I would want a good Bass drop shot rod or flippin rod for Jigging so you can tell whats going on with your jig. Sean

Relatively inexpensive jigging combo= Rhino RBC300 or equivalent baitcaster spooled w/ 12lb superbraid & 12' FC leader and a 6'6" MH UgliStik- remember you gotta be able to really sock the hook set to em down in 60+FOW. Leave that combo for jigging & then go w/ the 47 LC spoled w/ mono and the BWD 1101 for riggers -not sure the BWD 1101 would be my 1st choice for a diver rod but heck, your diver combos are separate from your rigger combos anyway! Just keep asking questions- you'll get there! -Andy

Yo Chowder,

Thanks for the reply.

Wouldn't a line counter reel help with the jigging or do you see the jig on your sonar?

How does Fireline work for rigger fishing as compared with the mono you mentioned or is that something for another thread?

Gotta use super braid for jigging-let's you feel the "tick" that is a fish contacting the jig, baitcasting reels are the way to go-this is fishing by feel and by sonar. Search thru archives for info on jigging-lots there!

Power Pro is the s-braid of choice by most. Can be used on rigger rods though few do (issues w/ fleas later in season,slipping in releases,etc).

Power Pro can be used as an alternative to wire on diver combos, but again you will want to look at ameliorating flea issues (like using 60lb test PP, fat line = poor flea adherence, but don't use 60lb PP on a jigging setup) -Andy