2012 Pro-Am Changes? Rumor?

I've heard some too and im not thrilled with them at all. Oh, and as one of the teams that fishes the most tournaments on lake o i thought my opinion would have been asked. Thet arent a definite so i hear, but it doesnt look like they are going to ask many of thier supporters.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Frustrating as it is, its impossible for the discussed changes to be rolled out prematurely. In an effort to quell the negativity(which unfortunately I was a part of last season) changes are being discussed thoroughly.

I'm sure that people can understand how complicated it is dealing with 4 different events, in 4 different counties. I have delved into it, and offered input. I have been told that it will be finalized this week. Knowing in advance that you can't please everyone, all the parties involved are trying to reach a consensus on some important points.

One of the comments I heard was, "the Tournament marketplace has changed, we are trying to address that." To me, that is an encouraging statement.

If there is going to be changes it would be nice to know ASAP! Iam trying to put together a team for the amateur division.As most of you know there is a lot involved in putting together a competitive team. Its not as easy as I thought finding guys to make the commitment.So if there are going to be changes NOW would be a good time to here them.

Thanks Jerry

TEAM TANGLEWEED

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

So there is possible changes up for discussion! Thank you! My question was answered. I commend the men and women that run these tournaments. The volunteered time they spend to make the Pro-ams a "fun" tournament to fish for both the "PROFESSIONALS and the AMATUERS!" I hope they write the rules and guide-lines in stone this time. We will be patiently waiting for the results.

Thank you!

Dave

If I remember correctly, the proams used to have a pretty good turn out every year.

When these friggin guys started changing rules is when the tournament participation started to dwindle.

Seems to me changing rules is what changed the "tournament market place" in the first place. and not for the better.

I know I'm just about rule changed out, myself.

I agree changes are not always bad. If a situation arises in a tournament you make changes to prevent it from happening again.

If it ain't broken DON"T FIX IT, which is whats been going on here the last three years or so.

Anyway just my opinion.

Good fishing.

Glen

I did hear today that changes are a coming. There are still a few loose ends but it shouldn't be too long before it's made public. Some are going to like it and some are not. I guess time will tell what it will do to the overall picture.

Today's derbies & tourney style events are formatted in many ways

Glen I agree changes almost always come with much ado. The said market place is now an evolving spectrum of hopeful positive moves.

I have been as passionate as anyone about the competition we have all come to love. My feelings for 2 years now have left a few sleepless nights to say the least !!

I've felt betrayed but that is in the past and I certainly hope the new changes will favor the fishermen in a way that is satisfiable.

I would like to wish the Pro/Am's good luck, public perception is the TOUGHEST feat to stay on top of. The work behind the scenes is endless, so many personalities to overcome.

The new changes are coming in with not just one, but many of the top heads in the business, some names that are well known and liked & looked up to and also respected by those who have been around this scene for a while. I was surprised when I heard the new accepted thoughts were coming from many minds !!

Tom

Its refreshing that we are all taking a second look into moving from what is traditional and into what is innovative. I commend everyone involved for being bold enough to at least consider "there may be a better way". As things do change for the better remember to gather the facts and give it a chance. With so many teams being so competitive these days tournament fishing is evolving before our eyes and how lucky we are to live it, feel it, and lead the way.

I have just read this for the first time and thought i would pipe in with a small comment.

Any rules that are part of any tournaments are equal for everyone! It is your choice to enter and compete. I believe that if your a competitve team and want to compete, than do so, and do it in the conditions that is as equal as it can be for everyone. That stems from rules to conditions to ports to whatever else i have forgotten. Tournaments give us a reason to fish and upgrade equipment and for the most of us a reason to get together with some friends for a NON work outing to have some fun..... whatever the rules are!!

Rule changes are good and keep things fresh. Life expectancies of any tournament averages approx: 7 years and these guys have done a great job. Its time to change as they are losing market share or for the most part as entry fees become larger less people enter. Keep an open mind and lets compete, its a great time of yr and a lot of fun.

Yvan

Get It Wet

I have just read this for the first time and thought i would pipe in with a small comment.

Any rules that are part of any tournaments are equal for everyone! It is your choice to enter and compete. I believe that if your a competitve team and want to compete, than do so, and do it in the conditions that is as equal as it can be for everyone. That stems from rules to conditions to ports to whatever else i have forgotten. Tournaments give us a reason to fish and upgrade equipment and for the most of us a reason to get together with some friends for a NON work outing to have some fun..... whatever the rules are!!

Rule changes are good and keep things fresh. Life expectancies of any tournament averages approx: 7 years and these guys have done a great job. Its time to change as they are losing market share or for the most part as entry fees become larger less people enter. Keep an open mind and lets compete, its a great time of yr and a lot of fun.

Yvan

Get It Wet

I don't think we asked for a Canadian opinion. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...