seneca

it may go down the rest of the year.......but b4 the major spring turnover in Seneca.....like NOW and the next month or two maax....themudlines stay high.....moving dead bugs and such into the mouths of creeks and bays they dump into.....sometimes i have sucess fly fishing mudline edges in 15-30 foot of water with streamers....or dead drift SUPERWORMS...a monster mealworm u buy @ pet stores....PETCO is where i go in Canindagua....killer Landlocked salmon action.....once ur on a school of them pull out the silver and black stickbaits......and draw them in to coax them with the fly rods.....small boats anchored or drifting can get the SHALLOW L.L's without spooking them off....ive had 3 and 4 fish days doing so,,,targeting perch....settling for salmon cruising the shallows and creek chanells near bays.b4 the big turnover when the bullheads bite from shore lakers, &L.L.s are cruising with the perch.....

well we hit the water at about 8 the winds were bad it really tossed us around in my 16' boat we fished a couple hours nothing did find a couple nice size schools. after being pushed around by the waves we tried to find a cove to fish out of the way the wind was I knew it was a loosing battle we packed up and headed north put the boatin I-BAY and thank god the next part happend there and not on seneca the motor would not turn over my starter was shot never even left the docks at the bay we loaded her back up tuckedour tails between our legs and went home fishless. we will hitting seneca again soon if the winds ever die down. thanks for all the info I will be back at it and post the out come I hope its better than this time lol

haha...that blows....good u got on top of them....the wind died down for the last 3 or 4 hours of the day...would have been great fishing i bet...i was down at lake lot cleaning out my boat as it was seasonable warm....and sunny. im going to go out next weekend and alot the following week...things should be picking up by then i hope....let all of this mud and runoff work its way out...when the lake clears up a bit they should be easier to get....last year around this time i was out on seneca when the wind changed and i saw a helicoptor hovvering over towards lodi.....turns out that day a 15 or so ft. boat had capsized b/c both bilge pumps failed......this time of years its ruff....be safe and stay warm...