60-70hp yamaha/evinrude pwr tilt needed!!

Bob, given a choice, go with a motor with tilt and trim. You won't regret it. The boat will plane out faster and use much less fuel. You will also be able to motor in skinny water without the danger of damaging your skeg or prop. If you decide on a Evinrude at all cost stay away from the Ficht line. They are plagued with problems. I know first hand I had a Evinrude Ficht 200hp.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Thanks for the advice....i have a force 40 now that is pwr trim and would`nt consider anything but pwr trim-love it.My current motor is pumping water into my cylinders somewhere and i`m just gonna go ahead and upgrade.Hopefully someone can find me a motor.

Thanks don...i`ll more than likely start working on my boat this coming weekend.Pulling carpet and draining/removing gas tank.I had the head off in the fall and replaced the gasket but still had issues.I really would like to upgrade anyhow.If it is the fuel that`ll be great and i won`t be so hard pressed to locate another motor right away.Putting vinyl floor in with snap in carpet and replacing fwd casting deck and new configuration for storage compartments.Figure i better get started on this!.

Bob S

• 2 weeks later...

Search is over....picked up an evinrude(`96) 70hp over the weekend.Along with it came a boat and 2009 sealion trailer.Boat will be pieced and scrapped and the trailer is for sale!!!trailer looks brand new and is most likely for a 16`boat.I will post pics @ a later date.$ is gonna be between 1k-$1300.