the oak

hasky

What are everyones thoughts on the oak as a fishing port. If you dont mind me asking what are the property prices looking like there? Any other information about that area would be great. Im considering moving there and ive visited once and loved it, now i just want to see what other people think. Thanks for all your help

The fishing is consistant all season long, east end has an advantage this time of year, but the oak has better spring fishing. The slips are well protected, the Black North has some of the best burgers in NY, and Narby's will supply the tackle.

I have been a docker at the Oak for 4 years now and have been very happy with the fishing and the area. The Kings don't show up in great numbers untill a later in the spring but there are plenty of coho, steelhead and browns to catch in the early spring. Once the kings show up they seem to stick around untill they run the river in the fall. Boat traffic can range from almost no one out on a weekday afternoon to tons of boats on a Sunday. Still I have no problem finding a place to fish in realative peace by getting away from the packs of boats chasing the charters around. The river is deep for the big boats and even though it is getting low this year I have not had to worry about hitting the bottom at my dock.

I can't help with real estate prices but except for the waterfront property it is a low cost area.