NY Musky Inc

Larry/Zach- just heard from toothie. He got in touch with the director today and has all the details, instructions and materials etc on the way; so we are covered. He and I are going to get together once it arrives and review and put together an agenda so that we're not scrambling at the next meeting.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Toothie / NitroMusky, That is good to hear that the documents are on the way.Everyone else can save time by going to the Muskies Inc website and download and copy a Membership Form,fill it out and bring it and your check made out to Muskies Inc. Int. to the June 4th meeting. Also start thinking of a name for our new Muskies Inc. Chapter,we will vote on the name June 4th,I like NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 myself,opens the door for membership from all of New York State!

how will 69th chapter NY muskies inc. help our fishery? i love the thought of helping this fishery but its not realy sounding like our state gives a care about muskies. other than chautauqua, the NYDEC pretty much just slap strict regulations on the very areah specific fishery and let the rest slide. how does this help? the member dues go into the conservation fund or what? the dec wont just let us purchase fry, raise and release them untill expensive studies are completed, is this true? where would the first areah of interest be to introduce the species or to built up an already existing population?

This will give us a stronger voice to work with.The more of us the dec hears from the better.They will then know that many ny anglers have a great interest in muskies and muskie fishing thus giving us a better chance of maybe getting some things accomplished here in ny whether it be more stocked waters,better regulations or habitat improvements.Our foundation will be stronger as a group instead of as an individual.

sol

• 2 weeks later...

Ok talked to Dicks today. apparently the ole bystander effect took hold and no one actually booked the room with them. Fortunately its free and we are all set for this evening: 7 PM Dicks Sporting Goods, Marketplace Mall Henrietta. If someone gets there before me, Donna or Chris are our contact folks at the store.

In meeting with Jim Reynolds last eve, some folks have already sussed out some potential options for a permanent location for our meetings, so one agenda item will be to vote on where we set home base for the standing monthly meeting going forward.

See you all in a bit...

I may spell some of the names wrong but here are the key elected board members for the New NY Muskies Inc. Chapter,

• President - Jim Renyolds

• Vice President - Brad Perkins

• Secretary - Capt. Ed Craig

• Treasure - Mark Marcus

• Chapter Rep - Capt. Larry D. Jones

• At Large - Bob Solkee

• Conservation Director - Mike Guinan

• Webmaster - Chad Lapa

The other positions will be filled when we get our charter from Muskies Inc. Int..

So we are officially on our way to having a Muskies Inc. Chapter in NY state again,last M.I.Chapter in NY folded back in the 80's!

Mike,As Conservation Director I would suggest that you ask Chuck Battaglia Lakes Manager, Cassadaga Lakes Association to be a Liason for Chautauqua Lake & Cassadaga Lake Area to help you with issues concerning Prendergast Hatchery and NY PureBred Stocking Program.Chuck has a wealth of knowledge in this area and is connected with everyone in the NY DEC Region 9.

Congrads on becoming the NY Muskies Inc Chapter Conservation Director!

Capt. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you guys have formed a chapter up there. I have talked to a friend or two who are considering transferring membership from Three Rivers to your chapter. Mainly the ones who have an interest in fishing Chautauqua.

I haven't been an M.I. member for oh... years. (can't remember) I thought I'd take a minute and share some of the struggles you are sure to encouner when trying to make improvements to your home state through MI. Mainly money. I see that you have an interest in changing some regulations/size limits. That is a realistic goal and the idea that being a part of a larger organization to gain respect of your DCNR is smart thinking. But when it comes to stocking that's a different story. Raising or buying muskies, ideally fingerlings, is expensive. I'm sure they guys who communicate with the Prendergast hatchery will tell you that. The point is that MI will gain you some political clout if you hammer away at it... but you'll have to raise money on your own if you need it. It was a blast forming what turned out to be the biggest chapter in MI with more releases than any other. Our ladies were crushing the women's division and our juniors were making us proud. But it was frustrating at times when we had over 250 members and were mailing them nearly 10K a year.... but could barely afford to mail out a newsletter..... and the fine folks out west were cutting back magazine issues and talks of bankruptcy were swirling around. MI still has big money/tax issues FYI.

So use your club to unify muskie fishermen as well as attract new ones so you can afford to make real progress where you feel you need to. Don't expect anything from International and you won't be disappointed. Know that only your hard work & your money will help your local waters. Put someone in charge of fundraising and give it hell.

I'm a huge fan of Chautauqua and if it looks like you put a 1st class chapter together I may just be motivated to rejoin MI. Best of luck to you!!! I'll be watching. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Date: July 25th. (Generally last wednesday unless moved to coincide with a tourney etc)

Location: Nashvilles bar (and grill??) in Henrietta. (W Henrietta road between Lehigh Station road and the thruway overpass).

Start time: 7pm general membership. 6:30-7 exec commitee pre-meeting.

Happy hour ends at 7 so plan accordingly!

From the thruway: exit henrietta, bear left towards 390N/Lehigh station rd, bear rt to Lehigh stn rd, left on leghigh stn road, left at 2nd light (w henrietta rd). Nashvilles will be on the right about 1/4 mile down