NY Musky Inc

5:45 pm,I'm the 1st one here! Wings are 50 cents each and very good.I have a couple muskie rods for sale to benefit the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund.OK,IF I can drive from Westfield, NY and back for the meeting there is no reason why you can't make it if you live in the Rochester Area.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Great time the other night guys!

Derek was pumped to be able to come and be our first guest speaker, I hope everyone there was able to gain something from being there and listening to what he had to say. If anyone has any questions, comments, etc. they'd like to ask Derek I can send you him contact info hes always down to talk muskies!

Just a reminder to you all as well, it'd be a good club gathering to volunteer to help him or Dr. Kapuscinski with their work on the Niagara next spring/summer. Keep it on the back burner!

In the mean time as we get into the big girl time of the season...

whos got dibs on the biggest fish from now until the closer???

Great time the other night guys!

Derek was pumped to be able to come and be our first guest speaker, I hope everyone there was able to gain something from being there and listening to what he had to say. If anyone has any questions, comments, etc. they'd like to ask Derek I can send you him contact info hes always down to talk muskies!

Just a reminder to you all as well, it'd be a good club gathering to volunteer to help him or Dr. Kapuscinski with their work on the Niagara next spring/summer. Keep it on the back burner!

In the mean time as we get into the big girl time of the season...

whos got dibs on the biggest fish from now until the closer???

Oh man you beat me to it! I intended to post a question when I got home from work this morning on how the meeting went, etc and what was covered? I was just getting out of work when you posted that. Still kicking myself in the head for missing the meeting but I was burning the candle at both ends and just couldn't make it.

Helping out on Niagara river habitat improvements? YES. Sign me up for the duration, I would love to put in some hours on that.

Reminds me of an NMA meeting in '95 (can't remember the names of the guest speakers at the time) that was on proposed improvements to the Strawberry Island area of the river and results/overview of a very in depth study of the aquatic vegetation there around Strawberry and Motor Islands including what the whole project might entail. This included protecting Strawberry from further erosion, adding a series of wingdams to the east coast of Grand Island across from Motor Island and even creating a string of new islets in that area. Have a look on Google Maps satellite views and the improvements to Strawberry are readily seen. Thank God it was done at the time because the west arm of the island had already been breached by the river and who knows what might remain today if nothing at all had been done. As for the proposed "string of man made islets" I guess that never came to be (but perhaps still could?).

It goes without saying that efforts such as this require monumental commitment from very dedicated people and let's face it, heaps of cash.

This is where a club really matters!

The fact that such great folks exist and indeed have that enthusiasm and dedication is great news and bodes well for the future. Very much looking forward to the October meeting.

Cheers, Dan.

I heard that the NY Dec is in the process of rewriting the NY Muskie Regulations and they need our imput ASAP,Have we gotten a letter of recommendations off to Mike Clancy yet?

Capt Larry

Signed letter going today via email

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered on LOU. Believe it not I read through all the posts for NY Muskies Ink. It has really given me a good insight as to how the chapter was conceived from just a thought and progressed to where it is now. It has also given me a look at what the wishes and dreams of some of the other members are and what some of the hurdles are that we will have to face. I am looking forward to the future and am optimistic that we will be able to grow, become good friends, build some strong bridges and make a positive impact on the future of muskie fishing and our fresh water resources in New York.

Steve G.

Our October meeting has been confirmed for TUESDAY October 30th at Nashvilles again (in Henrietta) at 7 PM.

Sorry for the delay, we have been working to finalize a new location but it will not be set quite in time for this month's meeting. The good news is that going forward we WILL have a quieter place with food and drink!

Hope to see you all there!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

As we get closer to the Oct 30th NY Muskies Inc Chapter 69 Meeting we also need to take into consideration Hurricane Sandy weather conditions.There could be very windy weather conditions,power outages and NY freeway closures. The Chapter Board needs to post here in a timely manner if the meeting is to be canceled.We can't place people in harms way to come to the meeting.

The NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 Board has decided to side with Caution and Cancel the Oct 30th Meeting! The next meeting will be Nov 28th if we stay at Nashville's,could change to the 3rd Monday of the month if we move to the Moose Club. I sent an email to those who are on the Chapter 69 Webring about Voting Yes or No to another term for Jay Zahn as President of Muskies Inc. Int..If your a member of NY Chapter 69 and were not on the webring send me an email to [email protected] with your Yes or No Vote! Each Muskies Inc Regional Rep has 1 Vote in the election proccess and I must send mine in by early next week.

Muskies Inc. is always looking for new members. We want to increase support for our sport and to increase awareness of fisheries and conservation issues, so we need you! As always, MI members will receive every issue of MUSKIE, will gain full access to our new website and our Lunge Log, and will meet new muskie friends when participating in chapter functions. Our Lunge Log database now has over 330,000 entries of muskies caught across North America by our members.

Right now, thanks to James at Tackle Industries we are going to make membership even sweeter for the first 200 new members signed-up during our SUPER CISCO membership promotion.

All you need to do is submit a membership form for a new member and enter “SUPER CISCO†on the “Name of Sponsor†line. When our Administrative Secretary sees that sponsor listed for a new member she will notify me and I will send you a brand new 6.5-inch freshwater SUPER CISCO crankbait (color FW39) from Tackle Industries (www.tackleindustries.com)

These baits retail for $10.99 not counting tax or shipping. In addition, each lure will come with a sticker and code for a 15% discount on your next order from Tackle Industries. The first 200 new members will be getting a really great deal.

You can sign-up on our website: www.muskiesinc.com

Hope you decide to join MI. Kevin, MUSKIE Editor

You can join the NY Chapter 69 right now and get a Free Lure!