NY Musky Inc

Sorry for the delay in updates, but in trying to finalize things with the Moose lodge i i learned late yesterday that our transition in venue still has one last unforeseen hurdle, so for this month we will be back at Nashvilles in Henrietta the Wednesday after thanksgiving: Nov 28th.

We have a few orders of business related to planning for 2013 events, the DECs proposed muskie regs changes. Our prez, Jim will also be giving a talk on lure tuning. 

As always, new members always welcome. Any questions call email or PM me here.

Here is an easy way to join Chapter 69.

Go to nymusky.com or google NY Muskies Inc-Chapter 69. This will get you to the chapter website. On the homepage, bring your cursor over the logo. A pull down menu will appear. Click on news, then select Muskies Inc new member promotion. You can read about the promotion for a free lure from Tackle Industries for the first 200 new memberships. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the Muskies Inc membership form. you can fill out the form online and pay with Mastercard or Visa. Also if you prefer, you can download the application (in left column), print and mail it with a check to Muskies Inc. 1509 Stahl Road Sheboygan, WI 53081.

There is a place on the printable form to enter your credit card info. with selections for Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. I'm not sure if there are any other credit card options other than Visa and Mastercard when you join online.

Make sure you enter Super Cisco on the sponsor name line for the free lure promotion.

PS: The Chapter 69 website is developing in progress. For new news you can go there under the news topic. Updates may be posted on this string as well. Tentatively there is going to be a change in the schedule and location for the monthly chapter meeting. The location will be in the near vicinity of the previous meetings. Update for this will be posted soon. You are welcome to join us at the next meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through the chapter website or this string.

Steve G.

how`s about a cleanup on chautauqua in april or may after the icefishing season,i`m sure there`ll be lots of junk in the water(stuck it in brads head last wk for thought).We coordinate with local town officials and waste management for pickup.Have a little cookout as well.coffee available throughout the day???????

Roadtrip to the ohio musky show jan 25,26,27(i`m going).

We`ll see about the end come next saturday...i`m NOT done!!!!i need a fish

sol

Mike I believe the goal is to have the agenda set by the Jan or Feb meeting. The Dec meeting is at the Moose Lodge on Mon Dec 17. After that, monthly meetings will be the third Mon of every month.

I saw you on Waneta the last day of the season. I was with Mr Toothy. We got skunked. we were the only boat on the lake that didn't get anything.

We got 2, both were 38" my buddy lost a real nice one in the morning. We surprisingly were able to cast all day even though it snowed non stop! It was at the expense of one of my reels though but thanks to Booger for saving my inland season ender by letting me use one of his reels for the rest of the day!

• 2 weeks later...

I had told Jim Reynolds our chapter Pres. that I would make tonights NY Chapter 69 meeting,but now I can't make it,grandaughter is singing in a school christmas concert tonight.May everyone at the NY M.I. Chapter 69 Meeting tonight at the Moose Lodge have a great night of talk & cheer and great Xmas & new years! I'll see everyone at the Jan Meeting.It was tough today tucking the boat into the garage for the winter.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a reminder that the 3rd Monday of the month is just 10 days away: the 21st. Being the first meeting of the year, this will be our annual planning meeting and the events and agenda for the year will be determined. And for those of us looking forward to early season muskies, we also have Capt Ed Cragg providing a discussion of Cowanesque Lake - a PA water (where the muskies season is open year round) just south of Corning, stocked with both pure and tiger muskies.

If you've been waiting for the 1st of the year to join Muskies Inc, now is the time to come on out (though new members are always welcome!) And if you're a member already this is one meeting not to miss!

Moose lodge on W Henrietta Rd just S of the Thruway. 7PM start. Ck out nymusky.com for directions.

PM me with any questions!

Brad

Chpt 69 VP

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

I'm looking forward to the Jan 21st M.I. Chapter 69 Meeting as well.I start out with my first Erie County Fishing Advisory Board Meeting on Jan 15th.At the FAB Meeting my agenda will be on Lake Erie Launch Access / Launch Dredging.With Lake Erie at very low water levels and launch ramps being filled in with silt,most launch ramps are so low it is very hard to launch your boat.We need to find state and federal funds for dredging.The other problem is launch access in the fall,but even more important is safe retrieve ramp under high wind conditions in the Buffalo Harbor.Erie Basin Marina launch ramp needs to be open for emergency boat retrival when winds go up suddenly to gale force.When this happens waves roll over the dock and launch ramp at the SBH.Erie Basin Marina doesn't have to be open for launch & retrieve,just do not put the cement baracade blocking the launch ramps and it can only be used under emergency times of high winds to retrive your boat.We also have a problem with low water at the launch ramps for Waneta Lake,Casadaga Lake,Chautauqua Lake and these need to be addressed to the NY DEC & Townships by the NY M.I. Chapter 69.I will bring up this disscusion on launch ramp dredging at the Jan 15th FAB Meeting and also at the Jan 21st Chapter 69 Meeting.Also we will need to discuss Chapter 69 opening a Conservation Fund checking account to handle the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund,because I start collecting Social Security this year and have earning limits,I can no longer carry the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund on my personal taxes.This has to happen asap if there is to be a Chautauqua Tourney on June 29th,2013.Payment would be by check made out to NY M.I. Chapter 69 Conservation Fund if the chapter votes to do so,if not the Chautauqua Tourneys and Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund will come to an end.This is a very important Chapter 69 Meeting,please attend!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

NY M.I. Chapter 69 Reg Rep

Erie County FAB

Pres. E.L.E.C.B.A.

NMA Board Member

• 5 weeks later...

I do not know who they lined up as a speaker either,but I have some info to pass on about the on going Great Lakes Season Ending Date Debate.I have had conversations with Larry Ramsell Muskie Historian,Mike Clancy NY DEC Region 9,Guides from the St.Lawrence River,Niagara River and St.Clair,Chambers of Commerce and Fishermen on both sides of the issue.

I hope to see a good turnout tonight!

We had a great seminar on cleaning and upkeeping your boats canvas covers and rain top.We discussed the on going Nov 30th / Dec 15th debate a little and had a short meeting because many of the officers were out of town on vacation.

I will be doing a Seminar on Chautauqua Lake Muskies each day at 3:30 pm Thursday,Friday,Saturday and 11:30 am Sunday at the WNY Sport & Travel Expo March 7th to 10th in the name of NY M.I. Chapter 69!

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow night we will have a guest speaker from the US Fish and Wildlife Service with a detailed presentation of invasive species affecting our region and the Great Lakes to start off the meeting at 7 PM. Should be an informative discussion!

Also, board members please note this correction: 6 pm (not 6:30) sorry. General meeting start is still 7 pm for everyone else

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved this email from Raymond Janoski a friend to muskie conservation everywhere,Ray lives in Pa,won these on the Three Rivers Chapter 16 Linesville Hatchery Raffle and passed them on to generate cash flow for the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund!

Capt. Larry

I won an auction of 5 Depth Raiders and a lure retriever from Three Rivers MI minnow fund fundraiser. I'm having them sent to you so that Chapter 69 of MI can make money on them too. I think they are coming from Todd at Chapter 19 MI.

Thanks,
Ray J

I recieved the Depthraiders & Lure Retriever last week and we can add them to our Monster Box Raffle!  Thanks, Ray!

NY Muskies Chapter 69 is now a member of Erie County Federation of Sportsmans Clubs, Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmans Clubs and soon to join the Monroe County Federation if Sportsmans Clubs & NY Conservation Council.We will be helping the Erie County Fishery Advisory Board with Kids Fishing Events at Tift Game Reserve June 8th and Chestnut Ridge Park June 22.Clean up date for the shores of Chautauqua Lake will be coming soon, I will post the date when set by Chautauqua Lake Association.