NY Musky Inc

At the last meeting, we were talking about helpong out at a kids fishing derby at Powder Mills park.  Below is a link to the derby schedule at the park.  There is one on April 5 called The Intergenerational Derby.  Is this the one that was referred to?  There are also several others including one hosted by the Monroe Conservation Counsil on June 1st.

http://www.fishpowdermill.org/press/PR-031813.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to get to the Otisco Tiger Open Tournament on May 11th.I will have no advantage, I have not been there for many years.

Today I represent the NY Muskies 69 Chapter at the Bison City Rod & Gun Club Jimmy Griffin Kids Day 2 to 5 pm.

Capt Larry

There were close to 250 kids and parents today at the Bison City Rod & Gun Club Jimmy Griffin Kids Day.The fishing was a little slow, water was still 40 degrees, only 6 fish were caught.1st place went to a 4 year old girl who caught a 10" perch.A good number of boys & girls went home with free rods & reels, all went home with free lures etc.. I would personaly like to thank Dave Barus for all he does to promote kids fishing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the August NY M.I. 69 Meeting I will bring a couple Musky Nets for a couple guys who ordered them.If your interested in a Becknam Magnum Finsaver Net with a 6ft handle call me at 716-432-0198

Capt Larry

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi everyone,

Friendly reminder that we have our monthly MI meeting tomorrow night (Monday the 15th) at 7 PM.

Theres are some important topics to cover, in particular the proposed regulations changes which are now up for public comment on the DEC website, as well as next weekends tournament on Waneta and the August picnic.

We also have a guest speaker with a topic that will be of interest to anyone who fishes the border waters. Shawn Considine with the US Customs and Border Patrol will be in to talk about about the role of US CBP on border waterways and a new initiative involving the CBP and the state police, and what it means for you (We're hopeful to have our speaker joined by one of NY's finest as well).

Its a great chance to get better clarity on the do's and don'ts when fishing the Niagara and St Lawrence to ensure you dont run afoul of the law and minimize your potential for hassle...or worse; as the enforcement continues to evolve. We'll also get a chance to discuss the ins and outs of crossing the border when towing your boat as well.

Hope to see everyone there!

Brad

VP MI 69

• 5 weeks later...

It is at Darian Lakes State Park at Shelter 1. Brad said in an email that the picnic is at 3PM. I'm not sure if that means we will be eating at that time or what but I am going wit Mark and his wife and I think we will be there at least an hour or two earlier. Below is a link to the park's website. Their map has a lot to be desired. The shelters are not shown on the map. It looks like there are only roads near the lake (pond) and the campsites. The rest is just trails.

http://nysparks.com/parks/144/details.aspx

Here is a map to the location. It looks like you have to enter on Harlow road. Take 77 south from the Pembrook exit of the Thruway. Go past  Reynolds Rd. and take a right on Summer Rd., Then take a left on Harlow Rd. The entrance will be on Your left.

http://mapq.st/16WVVAm

Steve

• 3 weeks later...