NY Musky Inc

I hope tonights meeting goes well, I can't make it tonight myself I'm on the water at Chautauqua Lake with clients today & tomarrow. I will not be able to make the Marc Treu Waneta Tourney or the St.Larry outing either.Those who plan on signing up for the Chautauqua Tourney Oct 12th please sign up soon!

Capt Larry

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Our Mon, Dec. 16th monthly meeting at the Moose Lodge, 2290 West Henrietta Rd., will also be a Christmas party. We will have roast beef sandwiches and french fries supplied by the lodge kitchen. Feel free to bring a snack or desert.

There will be a brief meeting and then it will be time to eat and socialize. This will be a good time to get to know other members better and talk about the past season, tell stories, share tactics, and talk about the seemingly distant next year's season. I hope to see you all there and if you can't make it, I would like to wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Stephen Glassic

MI 69 V.P.

• 1 month later...

We had an executive board meeting Thursday night. We discussed many thing, including current issues and this year's agendas. The focus of Monday's meeting we will be going over all these things. Some of which , we will be opening for discussion and asking for input from the membership. I'm sure we will be opening up the floor for any new ideas or proposals from members.

The meeting is tonight at 700 PM. I apologize for not giving more detail in my previous message. The monthly meeting is always on the third Monday of every month, unless otherwise indicated, at the Moose Lodge at 5375 West Henriette Rd. in Henrietta NY at 7:00 PM. Hope to see you there!!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sounds like I missed a really great presentation last night...if I had known that Toothy was presenting, I would have dropped everything and made sure I was in attendance!  

For future meetings, I hope that an email, update to NYmusky.com, or even a quick message here can be left to let us know who will be presenting or what is going to be discussed.  I cannot make every meeting (long drive to Rochester), but will do what I can when we have a great presenter or important discussion scheduled.

Thanks!

--Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pikefreak,Yes, just show up to the next meeting  or signup at www.nymusky.com

Like all of our membership meetings, all who are interested in musky fishing and sound musky fisheries management are welcome to attend.

The meeting is at The Moose Lodge in Henrietta New York at 7 PM on Monday April 21st.

I am proud to announce that New York DEC Region 8 Aquatic Biologist Brad Hammers will be at the meeting to give us a presentation on their Angler Diary Studies. He will have diaries to hand out to those who want to participate in the study. The information they receive from the diaries is very important to them in many ways.

To mention a few:

1) Helps to provide information on the health of the fishery in relation to ongoing management programs

Edited by mostlymuskies

Sorry Guy's I have to be excused from Tonights Chapter 69 Meeting,I can't miss my grandson's hockey game tonight.I also have meetings every night this week,ECFSC,CCFSC,ELECBA & NYSCC,I will be driving to Jamestown,Dunkirk & Albany as the Delegate for NY Muskies Inc Chapter 69! I hope there is a good turnout for Brad Hammers discusion on Muskie Program at Waneta Lake.

We had a pretty good turnout at tonight's meeting. Brad Hammers put on nice presentation and got about a dozen of us signed up for the Waneta lake diary study.

He also told us that the regulation proposals to raise the size limit for musky on all inland waters to 40 inches and rolling back the opening day for musky to the last Saturday in May are still in the plan. I had not heard anything definitive about these proposals this year and was wondering if they were off the table. If approved, they will go into effect for the 2015 season. This of course does not include Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Niagara River and St. Lawrence River where the only change proposed is to raise the size limit to 54 inches.

I will be at the next meeting, are kids allowed to be members too? My son is 9 and loves fishing for muskies especially tigers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United