NY Musky Inc

I heard the floating weeds on Chautauqua were horrible. I'm doing fri, sat n Sunday there so I'll see what's up.

Are you trying to stop this herbicide use Muskiedreams? We can discuss it til we r blue in the face but ain't much we can do about it, we know this

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was on chataqua sat night and 5 am till 11 Sunday morning the weeds were really terrible did see some musky couldn't get one to bite (no eyes either so decided to perch fish lol)...hopefully someday I can figure that lake out

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, zach said:

I heard the floating weeds on Chautauqua were horrible. I'm doing fri, sat n Sunday there so I'll see what's up.

Are you trying to stop this herbicide use Muskiedreams? We can discuss it til we r blue in the face but ain't much we can do about it, we know this

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It might be a loosing battle but we have to try. We will need to write letters to state legislators, DEC officials and Governor Como. We will need to team up with other sportsmens organizations, Erie County Federation of Sportsmens Clubs, environmental groups, Chautauqua Watershed Conservency, Chautauqua Lake Association (although it sounds like there may be some members pressuring for herbicides).

Here are links to two extensively researched and developed plans that were commissioned for development by Chautauqua County:

Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plan

Chautauqua Lake Macrophyte Management Strategy

These plans are each hundreds of pages long.. I have only read parts of them so far. And as far as I know they are guidelines and not rules or regulations. In Part 2 of the Watershed Management Plan Secrion 7.6.1 there is a brief history of herbicide use in the lake.

Edited by muskiedreams

Any weeds you are seeing now  don't have anything to do with the herbicide treatment. That was done in Bemus Bay on June 27th. It is probably from boats chopping them up and/or harvesting.

What is crazy about this herbicide application they did in Bemus Bay is, I heard that the harvester cleared the area of weeds a couple days before they put in the chemicals. So they won't even have an accurate assessment of the effectiveness of the treatment. But they may try to say that it worked great.

Edited by muskiedreams
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

BOARD MEMBER
Big can of WORMS
by jojo wilczewski
17 minutes ago
Goodday
Jojo want to know how we all
Feel about the wind turbines out on Lake Erie?
They are claiming environmental harm and. Harm to the fishery?
I don’t see either.
I only see a clean free power supply .
Of course I see the wind mills but don’t see the harm? No body ever opposes a sky scraper or a grain mill and they are just as visible.
The birds still run into both types of structures
And both are not natural.
I am for the power source , since it will lessen our dependence on foreign oil, power and keep American dollars in America
Please voice your opinion in comments.
Jojoworkingfortomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United