NY Musky Inc

Tomarrow is the first Official NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 Meeting. If Chuck Bataglia and I can drive from Chautauqua for the meeting and get back at midnight or later, there should be no reason why you guys closer can't make it.See everyone Tomarrow at 7 pm at Nashville's!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Productive meeting I thought....we're getting there in terms of organization and getting underway with our initial agenda! Brad if Bob is still going to be doing that ebay auction let us know so we can start getting some quality baits together to give to him.

Sorry to miss it. I play "ole man" baseball and we had a playoff game Wednesday so I missed the meeting even though I wanted to be there. I am sure I can get a bait or two in addition to the baits the ever helpful Solgrande rounds up to add to the auction. I have wanted to do this but I wasnt sure where the money would go? Is it for the baitfish or for the club? Wish I would have been there but.... next time! Good job guys getting it going! :yes:

Mike, Sol said he's willing to do the auction (think he said he had a few to put up), so just need to get the baits rounded up. Give him a jingle. Lmk if u need his digits

Zach- this one will be a club fundraiser, not the bait fund. I'm sure a baker or two will be a huge boost to the lot value! Thanks :yes:

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

I will donate a Beckman Magnum Fin Saver Net with 6 ft Handle for the Auction. But I can't afford to ship it,cost is over $45.I would deliver it in Buffalo, bring it to the NY M.I. Chapter 69 meeting or to Chautauqua Oct 6th. Tourney or Winner can pay shipping. Value is $145.95

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

Will the August 22nd NY Muskies Inc Chapter 69 Meeting be at Nashvilles? Brad,I'm still waiting for the Chapter Cover Letter to reach my email so I can forward to Chautauqua & Erie County dignitaries,authorities,news papers and clubs.

Capt. Larry D. Jones

NY Muskies Inc Chapter 69 Regional Rep

We are going to give Nashvilles another try...in speaking with them after the mtg, they said they will set us up away from the partition and lower the music, so we will see how that works.

The cover letters we thought existed apparently do not, so we have to draft. We are still not there with the website and need to get signatures from the board so that we can get the charter (the probationary charter has been approved, we now just have to return the paperwork). Once that happens we will be added to the chapter list on the membership list on the MI signup page on the website. These things need to be in place when the communications go out. I will put a draft together this week for folks to react to.

Thanks for the hard work Nitro- this week I am going to get more mahogany and will attempt to make a few baits to get us going with the fundraiser. This is the new shallow 7.5".

217668_476606585684138_25887083_n.jpg

Just confirming, the next meeting will be tomorrow, Wednesday Aug 29, again at Nashvilles in Henrietta. 7 pm start. New members welcome!

Ronix, might be best to just bring anything for Bob's auction with you, if you're going.

I'm going to be on the water with clients the 22nd of August on the Upper Niagara River so I will miss the meeting. I can drive somewhere Thursday night and sign any paperwork that needs my siginture for the chapter charter. Just call me and let me know 716-432-0198

Capt. Larry

Thanks Larry. I'm going to miss the meeting myself but will be headed that way sunday (a week on erie, north shore -pt abino) so we'll get em your way via someone at the mtg like ronix if he's still working the river, or I can myself, worst case.

Next meeting is wednesday the 29th of Aug. Please try to attend if you're at all able. Same time (7pm) and place (nashvilles in henrietta). If you didn't get my email or aren't on the email list yet, PM me here so I can add you.

Also mark your calendars for next month's meeting: last Wednesday Sept 26th. In anticipation of receipt of charter, it will be less meeting and more celebration of us making it official!!! Details to come...stay tuned.

Next meeting is wednesday the 29th of Aug. Please try to attend if you're at all able. Same time (7pm) and place (nashvilles in henrietta). If you didn't get my email or aren't on the email list yet, PM me here so I can add you.

Also mark your calendars for next month's meeting: last Wednesday Sept 26th. In anticipation of receipt of charter, it will be less meeting and more celebration of us making it official!!! Details to come...stay tuned.

Have been reading these boards for awhile, good stuff.

This new club looks like just the sort of thing I'd like to get into. Was a member of Muskies Inc. twenty years ago but let my membership lapse because there was no local chapter.

Long overdue IMHO.

See you guys at Nashville's on Wednesday for sure.

What are the fees associated with joining?

~Dan. :nod:

Awesome Dan, we'd love to have a fellow aficianado aboard! :yes: dues for the local chapter are the same as others: 35/yr. You can go online to register and since we're still in process of getting the local added to the chapter list online, you can leave the chapter blank and make a note that you'd like to be part of chapter 69: NY

Looking forward to having you aboard on the ground floor of the effort!

Brad, VP chpt 69

I understand that my name came up at the last New York Chapter meeting regarding contact I had with the National Chapter for the Cassadaga Lakes Association. let me clarify that conversation, WE NEVER ASKED FOR ANY DONATION from them, on the contrary, the CLA has been running its Youth Derby for over 20 years now, and we turn down sponsors and donations every year because of excessive funds. When I noticed the MI Logo with the Youth, etc. on it, I thought they would like to have some of their "Youth and Catch & Release Pamphlets" displayed on our information table as we have over 100 participants and double that number of parents and volunteers, along with 2 newspapers and a Jamestown radio station present.

I was certainly surprised when The National Chapter declined saying they did not have any available at that time. You may contact the youth Director for conformation.

Chuck Battaglia

Lakes Manager, Cassadaga Lakes Association

Awesome Dan, we'd love to have a fellow aficianado aboard! :yes: dues for the local chapter are the same as others: 35/yr. You can go online to register and since we're still in process of getting the local added to the chapter list online, you can leave the chapter blank and make a note that you'd like to be part of chapter 69: NY

Looking forward to having you aboard on the ground floor of the effort!

Brad, VP chpt 69

Thanks Brad, I did just that. Signed up online this morning.

There was no box for additional text so I just typed into the 'Sponsor name & number' box "Add me to the new chapter #69 New York Please".

Hope that does the trick.

See you guys Wednesday evening! Dan. :nod:

Just got back from Nashville's. Sorry I missed you guys, I wasn't able to get there until 8:30. Got upstairs to find an empty room ;( .

Got home from work this morning (I work nights) and went to bed. Two hours later the phone rang and it was go go go all day since. Long story short, my sister in law has terminal cancer and is not doing well, relatives coming in from out of state. The wife is a wreck and I couldn't let her go by herself because I didn't want her driving like that.

Finally they all went out to dinner and I was able to shoot up to Henreietta. Oh well, there's always next month.