will this work?

I got an Accudepth 47LC for Christmas. Will I be able to put enough wire on it to run a wire dipsy setup? It says it will hold 280yds of 0.45 mono. If so, I will probably buy a match. Any suggestions for type/length of backing, type/length of wire? I'm also gonna need suggestions for rods to put these on.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

1000ft of 30lb camo wire from Atomik and couple 100 ft of 50lb braid for backing fits nicely. First thing I did when I got on the lake was let all the wire out with a tripped dipsy on the other end and reeled it back in under tension fills the spool perfect.

Tom

1000 feet of 30 lb wire fills that reel perfectly with no backing needed. Just put a wrap of electrical or duct tape on the spool to give the wire something to bite into otherwise it will spin on the spool.

Tim

I did both... :)

Tom

Yes it works, and the diawa heartland rods are great. The only think I like better for wire is a reel with a higher gear ratio, boy its a chore reeling it in, but you make a big jump in price for the higher gear ratios for wire.

I started out that way and when i upgraded I bought new reals for my wire and then used the 47s for my mono rods.