Fishing out of Rochester at the River on Sun the 19th

Don't get to do as much fishing on the big pond as I like because of my disability. I have fished LO for over 40 years and I've never seen it fish better. The size of the kings might be a little smaller than in the glory years but the numbers are fantastic. My wife and my dog Max and I fished between 500 & 550 feet all morning. Like I've said in the past, we don't keep track of how many we catch but they were all Kings. I did keep track of the biggest ones. We had 5 between 35 & 40 inches plus a bunch of smaller ones. That doesn't count we had at least 4 break offs. The fish we caught on the down riggers came with 80-110 ft of cable out running spin doctors and flies. The fish off the dipsies I was running split J-plugs, one silver bullet, one perch - both were taking fish. 180-220 ft of line out. Temps were bouncing all over but I found a pocket to fish where it was 43-47 degrees. That's where my biggest Kings came from. We couldn't even keep 4 rods in the water. Great Day & Fishing is Awesome!! Hopefully, I'll be able to get back again before the year is over. All fish were clean with no lamprey marks. Speed 2.2-2.5 on my Moore subtroll. Good luck to every one in the LOC. We don't fish derbies because we never know how I'm going to feel. They're out there. You just have to go get them and have a little luck on your side. :D

I haven't gone fishing since we were out on the 19th. Since then the wind and storms have busted the temperatures up in LO. The temps are coming back little by little. The best fishing is still out deep 500-550 feet. More big ones are coming from out there. As the water warms up the salmon are going to start coming in. Pretty soon water temps won't mean that much. If the water is below 50 degrees on top, go North until it warms up. That should put you on fish. I don't get out that much but it was good to hear from someone. I'm going to try to get out Sunday, weather permitting. Not sure if I'm going to fish off Sandy or Rochester. I also hear they're not doing bad off Braddocks Bay. Good Fishing, maybe I'll see you on the water.