Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

So when do you guys start trolling the shore line in spring time? I want to get in there early for the browns.Do you have to run boards to target trout early?

I got a short taste of LO last summer in the tin can 16 and was lovin it.

T

====================

Probably the first good thaw which will send slightly warmer water from the creeks into the lake, or a sunny day in March that will warm up the water just a little bit. I am hoping for a day that has both a bit of sun and slightly warmer water in small pockets.

It will be soon, so you better get your boat in tip top shape and get a good system to ward off reel rude charter boat captains who will cut right in front of your boat acting as if they own the lake.

You could proably catch them right now. My earliest trip has been about Feb 15th. Boards and a pocket of colored water is the ticket. My boaty is out of storage (Fished Seneca yestetrday) so if this weather keeps up I may venture north in the next couple of weeks.

Its good to find out if your particular port is ice free before you go. Just post the question here and the locals usually give you a good report on the launch conditions.

I just looked at the ramp at the Coast Guard Station in Sodus Point. There is a small amount of loose ice around the dock. The bay is open all the way over to the end of the point and the channel is clear of ice today. I didn't see any ice along the shore of the lake so you could easily troll the shallow water. :yes:

We are damn near counting the days here........

Fish Hunter I(as long as it is semi-flat) and II will both be on the water this spring.

My son and I already have wagers placed. Boat with the least fish, buys supper.

• 4 weeks later...
The king fishing gets really good mid to late July and goes right til the fall run up the rivers.

that depends on the Port you are fishing out of. At Olcott our summer fishing for kings typically kicks off near the end of June and is in full swing by 4th of July weekend and typically, the entire month of July is lights out. This year with the weather, unless we end up with a cold crappy spring, I wouldn't be surprised if our summer fishing kicks off around Fathers day.

For the spring, it's usually hard to beat the month of May anywhere along the Niagara County Shoreline.

Tim