Stereo

antney1

I have a 2052 Trophy Pro WA... I would like to add a stereo and four speakers. From what I've read I can go with a regular automotive stereo and speakers because I'm not on salt water. I found this radio online, your input would be helpfu

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-DXT-2 ... r/17242512

My guess is that an automotive stereo will be fine at trolling speeds, but what of the pounding from waves while running? My suspicion is that the jarring will damage an automotive unit eventually. Assuming the radio will not get wet from spray because of its location at the helm, I wouldn't have any other concerns. That's my opinion and why I have a marine unit in my boat. Anyone else?

Currently my boat has an automotive radio and marine speakers. For the most part the setup has worked since i have owned the boat and who knows how many years before me. Will the setup work for you? probably but i think if you purchased a marine radio package, in the long run, you will be happier. This winter it was time to upgrade my current tape deck to something more current and bought this http://ordercaraudio.com/PYLE-PLCD8MRKT ... 84Y9G6.htm . The jury is still out on the unit since its still sitting in a box in my garage but it certainly has to be better than whats on my boat now.

Thanks for the input do far...Legacy - I saw that setup from Pyle but also saw a lot of negative responses as well. I was thinking like you must have been, a marine setup w/box and 4 speakers, but got turned off when I read the reviews. If anyone else out there has a Pyle system I'd be interested to know how its performed for you

I have an '08 Trophy 2152 and I put a stereo in in last year myself. It was easy and I installed a marine Jansen combo (2 speakers, radio, and a mounting box ) and it cost me around $119 in total. The speakers are sealed so they can tolerate damp conditions. I mounted the radio to the "false panel" in the cuddy, right behind the helm, and I mounted the speakers in the cut outs on the walls between the walkaround area and the seats. The speakers were about a 1/4" smaller than the cutouts, but it still looked and worked great and I used the existing cut out ring to hide the gap. I cut through the wall in the helm to get at the buss bars for the red/black wires and I tied directly into my battery for the "memory" wire for your presets. It took me about 4 hrs start to finish and was a great "do-it-yourself) project.

It works great, sounds great (personally I don't think you need 4 speakers)

Good luck,

- Chris

My brother installs many marine stereo systems in Charleston, SC as part of his marine services business. He has settled in on JBL speakers as the best sound and most durable units for the money. We installed 4- 6" JBL recessed speakers on my boat this past summer and I matched them up with a Clarion CMD-6 head unit. The marine units are going to be more moisture resistant and more tolerant of pounding on the water than a car unit and of course the speakers go without saying. Keep in mind that no matter what, no marine speaker is waterproof, they are water resistant and will tolerate a lot but a steady stream of hose water on them is not advised.