spring fishing-what do you wear on your feet?

Looking at finally getting a few days in early May on LO. I have all the appropriate cold

weather clothing, but am wondering...what do you guys wear on your feet?

In the summer, I use the PFG guide shoes from Columbia, which are awesome and non-skid...

but would not be warm in early May. I also have the LLbean rubber moccasins, but they

really are not non-skid.....

So, what do you use?

Funny you mention the PFG guide shoes from Columbia. I have a pair and can't stand them! The drain holes in the bottom bother the heck out of my foot.

Now Crocs....I gotta admit I love them. I wear them in my wood shop every day! Great boat shoe too!

I wear oversized waders (my foot is a size 8, I got an 11 boot for my waders).

I put winter boot inserts (its a grey wool type insert about 1/2" thick). My foot then

fits snug in the oversized waders.

I have never come close to being cold with this method. And I fished on below freezing days!

I don't have crocs. Are they warm on a 45 degree day?

The only problem I have with the PFG's is the water holes too. If you hose the boat floor down,

and all the water hasn't drained yet, it comes in the holes!

I just watched a doc on the Discovery Channel on a guy that walked the entire Amazon River, coast to coast. Couldn't believe it when I saw he was wearing a pair of crocs on the dry sections. Crazy AND unfashionable.

If I am on Frank (aka home office) or Jersey Jims (double jj) I prefer logger boots with some big old black soles on them. lol. Otherwise, I second the sperry docksiders. I wear plain old boat shoe style with laces on the front. Just cant rock the crocs. You can put the little pins on the holes in the front of the crocs too if you like. Maybe they make a salmon or trout pin. I know they make them with liners. that would smell nice after some salmon skank on them. lol

The muck boot company makes a slipper that is AWESOME way better than a croc and still somewhat warm for those cold mornings. More important there waterproof so washing down doesn't result in wet feet :yes:

I just watched a doc on the Discovery Channel on a guy that walked the entire Amazon River, coast to coast. Couldn't believe it when I saw he was wearing a pair of crocs on the dry sections. Crazy AND unfashionable.

What did he wear when he walked on the water?

What did he wear when he walked on the water?

Jesus sandals, of course.