Loc fall derby year with the biggest salmon

big easy

Anyone remember what year it was when the fall LOC derby (if I remember right) top ten salmon were all well over the mid 30lb range?

I seem to remember that you couldn't even get on the board with a salmon under 30 lbs.

Was it sometime between 1995 to 98 or before or after?

I was wondering what the low weight and the high weights were.

Tried finding something online showing the LOC derby history bit no luck.

John,

That was 1999. The top 11 kings (grand prize and top 10 salmon division) were all over 40 lbs and 20th place was 38lbs 4 oz (don't ask me how I remember that specifically, I just do for some reason)

Really big steelhead that year as well on the same scale top 10 were all over 20 and I believe 20th place was over 18

Tim

I remember that. Our 38 pounder was #21 I believe. We did have the second place lake trout at 25 pounds and 2 ounces though. And they were caught on two consecutive days by husband and wife clients of mine. Those stand as the biggest laker and king that have ever come over the transom of my boat! The laker was #1 until the last day. Got beat by 4 ounces if I remember right.

My friend and I were fishing out of Olcott and caught a 18.5 pound Rainbow.I knew it was only going to make 19th or 20th place.We didn't even run in to weight it in.Any other year that fish would have made top 5 probably.