new fishfinder

I already have a stand a lone GPS but I thought a spare would be good too. I really like the screen of the lowrance but if i have problems with it what is going to happen?! Does anyone have the 585 with a transom mount transducer? if so how does it work and which one do you have.

I already have a stand a lone GPS but I thought a spare would be good too. I really like the screen of the lowrance but if i have problems with it what is going to happen?! Does anyone have the 585 with a transom mount transducer? if so how does it work and which one do you have.

Out west the biggest percent of our lake fishing boats are made of aluminium and are all transom mounted with no problems at all.

I installed a 585 for the Hot Pursuit boys in the spring, with transom transducer. I took several trips with them and was very impressed with the unit, and the performance of the transducer, even at cruising speed. Most impressive was how well it tracked downrigger balls. Voorhees may chime in, but as far as I know he was thrilled with it.