Sandy Creek Report- 8/21 with pic

I had the pleasure of taking Jeremy Miller out on my boat again tonight.

We hit the water at 6:00 PM to find a WARM 49 degree surface temp- in 10 fow. We headed north and fished all the way out to about 150 FOW. 49 degrees on the surface, 41 degrees down 10 feet. After about an hour, we headed into 8 FOW- not a typo. We fished 2 rods on a board and fished 2 down about 5 feet.

About 7:25 PM we had 2 hit and misses. It was about a 15 LB seagull on a NBK, down 2 feet- 100 foot lead. We could not remember what the minimum LOC weight was for a seagul- so we decided to head back to the dock.

While I was clearing rods, I was surprised to be almost thrown into the water as Jeremy pushed me out of the way to grab one of the surface lines. After coming off the big win for the Orleans Derby- you would think that he would do the right thing and allow someone else to catch a fish- but not tonight.

Turned out to be the current leading brown in the LOC- 13 lbs 4 ounces. It actually hit a brwon trout imitation rapala- run back 150 feet on the surface in 8 feet of water.

I am just kidding about him pushing me out of the way- my back was to the rod when it fired

DSC_0005.jpg

I see you weighed it in at Narby's. Was East Fork closed early? Just wondering. It's hard enough to get some time after work to fish, it shortens the trip a little if you have to plan on running twenty minutes to weigh in a fish.

He was not there (I have no idea why). We ended up calling Narbeys and told them we were on the way. Sharon called Dave Chilsen at the LOC to get permission to weigh it in after 8:00 PM. After a quick flight down the parkway, we arrived just before 8:00. I think we made it there in about 15 minutes from Hamlin.

Sweet! I'll be looking for you on the water to see what you're up to. You Must be doing something right.

Keep it going & you might end up with more than just gas money!!

Way to go guys!