deepest fish caught?

I fish 600 cooper which would put that down 120. I have fished marks on the depthfinder with 175 feet out on the riggers with success. I guess the question is "I know what the counters say but how deep are we actually getting"? I loose site of my downrigger weights at about 120 down then I believe the angle of the cable and transducer cone are too far apart. Me personally i like to hug the bottom with at least one riggers for those lakers that just lay in the mud till something swims by.

Neo......here goes: Several years ago I was trolling solo off Lodi and was marking big stuff way over 200. I tried to get close, but with only 200 on the cannons I was probably 50 feet away. I'm talking frustration here as I circled more times than I care to recall.

So, when I got home I pulled out two 300 foot cables and changed them out. I was on spot again two days later mid morning....put on magnum spoons out some 15 feet with a much smaller version on a fixed cheater up 5 feet. And down they went at 30 foot intervals.

When I was starting to get settled at 250 -260, with the other rigger at around 230, the deeper rod went up and then back down. It just sat there and seemed as though I had caught up on a lost canvas or other debris. I use light rigger rods and it was at its max flex at this point. I thought ...get the other riggers up, and fast.........yeah, right. Left them, turned the rest of the way down wind and cut the motor. There was the lightest of wind and the boat was positioned well but for the thought of 2 cables down there at over 200 feet. With the light gear, I couldn't gain anything, not daring to go for more drag.

I don't remember how long it took, but lets say , an eternity to the boat. All alone, with what turned out to be a 16 plus pounder. I have a pic somewhere if I can scan it, I will. Sorry for the long story, but the most fun solo ever.........Dave