Canandaigua Report 8.11.07-8.17.07

I had the pleasure of a week vacation on Canandaigua Lake with my family 36 people including myself, some that traveled from New Mexico, Boston, Portland Oregon, Chicago, Detroit, NYC and New Hampshire. The morning bite was excellent most days with limit catches,

DSCN1561.jpg

beautiful sunrises,

DSCN1693.jpg

and back in port for breakfast by 9:00. On Tuesday morning lines were set at 5:30 and we were done by 7:30 3 man limit. Best producers were yellow crush glow spin doctor and hammer fly,

DSCN1553.jpg

11" white crush glow hot spot and glow squid

DSCN1655.jpg

11" Italian Hot Spot with glow squid taking lakers and nice bow

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

biggest fish of the week was 9 lbs

DSCN1566.jpg

Even smallmouths were hitting the spin doctor black dot with hammer fly

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

The Black dot Spin Doctor accounted for 3 fish per morning until knot failure on leader for wire dipsy dropped probably the biggest fish of the week and lost the most productive rig, so I had my niece Katie "doctor" up a 5" White Revelator with black dots and it continued to hammer them.

DSCN1708.jpg

Best picture was 120 - 235 FOW, wires out 210', 235', 295', and riggers parked at 60' and 75'.

DSCN1642.jpg

A major thunderstorm blew through with 60 mph winds, hail, and 4 foot waves, the only skunk trip was Thursday afternoon which preceded the major storm by 2 hours. This pic shows the wind picking up

DSCN1682.jpg

and the beautiful sunrise was the next morning.

DSCN1693.jpg