Sorry about the Ice...

choo-choo

It has been a weird winter weather pattern for ice fishing....We have been a little more fortunate down here , in our little "micro climate", nestled between the Poconos and the Catskills near Lordville n.y. in Delaware county.We started ice fishing back on jan 5 2012, and I fished yesterday,Feb . 4th with icedd on Long Pond, a few miles south of the N.Y. state line. We cut , and measured 5 1/2 inches all around the eastern end and middle of the lake. We couldn't find any walleyes or callies, but did manage some nice keeper perch,8 pickerel and a big bullhead. We were told that lower woods and Belmont Lake , and several other lakes still had 6 inches as of sat.,feb 4 . I hope feb brings enough cold weather so you flx and LO bay guys can get out again and have some ice fishing fun .

I think we will be travelling north....way north, real soon looking for safe ice too. When it gets down to 4" or less of hard ice down here I'm done.That looked like a fun tourney up there on Simon pond Tim....glad you had a good time. We did the walleye challenge on Sacandaga a few weeks ago and had a good time despite a real lack of fish for us.There are plenty of streams and rivers and lakes around for open water fishing......but I love ICE FISHING this time of year. So gas up and go North !! Stay safe.....and good luck

I also will be heading north for ice. I'm looking at the St. Lawrence River between Ogdensburg and Massena February 20-24. Looking to ice some big Walleye in the evening hours. I'm hoping to be able to report back with some good news and some good photos.