1986 Sportcraft 270 Fisherman Hardtop....SOLD

BullGator

Up for grabs is the "Hot Pursuit" from Olcott and the Oak. The guys are ready for an upgrade, so this one must go. I am handling the sale, as I have performed all of the maintenance on her for the past couple of years, and she is stored here.

This boat surveyed well in the spring of 2011. A full report is available. She is powered by a 5.7 (350) Chevy/Mercruiser inboard, and Velvet drive transmission. 4500hrs. Unknown if original engine. Leakdown test and compression check done before 2011 season, all within 8%. Oil changes by us were done at 50 hour intervals.

All of the major systems received a thorough going over during 2011, most notably the electrical system. All new switches on the helm, with circuit breakers, and a new fuse panel beneath for accessories. All electrical items are fully functional (gauges, wipers, lights, pumps, etc)

New belts, hoses, full tune-up, raw water pump ($700), bilge pumps, prop balancing, antenna, and yes even the wiper blades in spring '11

All of the fishing gear has been removed. I did leave the rail system for downrigger mounting on the transom gunnel.

She carries 120 gallons of fuel, very efficiently. Mileage is really superb for a boat this size. She trolls like a champ, runs superb. She will tickle cruise speed at 3300rpm, roughly 23mph. No vibrations or noises. She was not beat on by us or the previous elderly owner.

Her gelcoat still shines with a wash. She does have some wounds due to some "captain error" (it was only minutes till happy hour, she got "hot docked")......allegedly.....twice.......but nothing out of the ordinary for a 26yr old boat. Bottoming paint needs to be re-done.

The only things I can think of that should be replaced before this season would be the fuel supply line and the vent line for the tank. They had been previously replaced with non-USCG approved hose and were noted in the survey. The rudder packing needs replacing, and the front hatch leaks if you stuff the bow through a 7' wave. Otherwise she is ready for the lake.

She is currently located 4 miles west of Olcott on Rte 18,in Wilson. We are offering to the LOU community first, then will park near the road for sale. She is currently berthed on a very heavy duty, but equally as ugly, homemade yard trailer. It will not travel much distance without new tires.

Contact the owner Fred Dalley (dalleydouble on LOU) to discuss financials. He is asking 4500 or best offer, as-is. Partial trades will be considered.....maybe another boat, fishing gear, hunting gear, cars, trucks, etc.....

PM me to set up time to inspect, or with any questions about the boat. I can provide better pictures if requested.

86_270_2.jpg

86_270.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...