Pro-Am Ice Tourney Poll - Registration Fees

Finders Keepers

How much should the registration fees be for the PRO and AM divisions? (choose one for each)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How much should the registration fees be for the PRO and AM divisions? (choose one for each)

• Pro Division:
    • $250
    • $200
    • $150
    • $100
    • AM Division:
    • $150
    • $125
    • $100
    • $75
    • $50

What do you think the registration fees should be for each division? Keep in mind, the greater the entrance fee, the greater the pay-out! For example, if we can get 100 teams in the Pro division at $250 reg fee, 1st place would pay out $10,000, or include a pair of quads! 8)

This will be set up somewhat similar to the current Pro-Am's (or at least what they were, pending the new rules): The Pro division will have a higher reg fee and higher payout and will require more fish to be caught. Anyone can fish either division, it just depends if you want to go for the BIG bucks/prizes, can pay the higher reg fee, and feel you can limit out with the higher fish requirement. If not, then go into the AM division where there will be less of a fish requirement to limit out and a lower registration fee. Also, in order to go for the Ice Triple Crown, you'll have to be registered in the Pro division.

That's why we're trying to feel the vibes of everyone to see if we have enough interest to warrant a $10k/Dual Quad 1st prize in the Pro division or not. If the Pro division is $100 for reg, we'll need at least 200 teams to get that level of payout... :$ Definitely possible, as we will be teaming up with at least one other large tournament in their advirtizing sending out over 1500 fliers to past participants.

Tall Tails - Please explain what you mean by "Spread thin with that payout structure". We'll be paying out at least 10 places (maybe as many as 20) with the top prize being $10k or a pair of Quads.

When the trap attacks came to silver they could barely get 70 teams @ $150 and that lake is in the middle of everything. My point: a lot of guys talk a big game, but when it comes to forking over $250, it won't happen. You are going to beat your head against the wall with 2 divisions, go to 1 and come to a middle ground on entry fee. Too confessing. Also, cheating is very prevalent in ice fishing tournies and you will have to worry about sled check, boundries, other non Tourny fishermen, teams combining pails and that's just for starters. I don't mean to be negative, but I guess I am and I can see the future through past experiences. I help run a growing tournament out of sandy and its important to us to use the k.I.s.s. principal in order to keep people fishing and not thinking.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey Scott, you have some valid points to ponder. Do you use a polygraph for your tourney? We have a few connections and will likely have a lie detector test given to the first place teams, and maybe even the 2nd and 3rd places as well as part of the winning process, to help deter those who might think about cheating. What is the K.I.S.S. principal you mentioned?

We do not have a lie detector test. Most everyone knows each other and if you cheat, you might as well move out of town if you get caught. Very tough combining coolers on the lake and too many eyes on shore to take a chance also. Much easier on the ice though.

k.I.s.s. Keep It Simple Stupid

I do like lie detectors though. It will make people think twice before being stupid. My Dad has taken 4 lie detectors for Tourny wins and he was even crapping his pants beforehand and we did nothing wrong!