LineCounter for bulk copper

Icemann

Going to get a bulk spool of copper instead of buying measured spools. Looking for info on a linecounter to measure how much copper is going on the reels. There are some cheap snap on line counters but not sure if the copper will fit into the slot on them.

Thanks,

Brian

I don't know how to do it other than how Brian said? I go to the football field at the school next door to my house. I figure I pay taxes...so I use the markings on the football field as my guide and cut my lengths that way. IMO, Line counters won't be accurate with copper.

I measured the distance on the sidewalk in front of my house and up the street. Roll out the copper and have someone hold one end. Reel on the desired length.

I have a surveyers wheel with a foot counter on it to measure out what I want. I always measure with this device to keep my setups consitent.

I do it this way with a new reel, then count passes and write it down. Assuming you have the same reel with the same amount of backing in the future you can just count the the passes as you reel.