Silver lake

JRS

Gill bite has slowed down from what it was a couple of week ago.Down size with your jigs.Few crappies in the mix.4 plus inches of ice on the South end.Lots of open water mid lake.North end isn't safe.Some decent perch 25'+ have to weed threw the small ones.

We fished a tournament there yesterday. Most of the teams were weighing in with a 10-fish limit of ~4-to-4.5 lbs. There were hundreds of huts on the South end, mostly concentrated off Mack's and the boat launch. Only 14 teams in the tournament, though. The bigger fish that I saw on the camera were uniformly shy and reluctant to even mouth the bait. It seemed like it was necessary to move around to find the fish, as some spots just didn't produce, but other holes 20 ft away were decent. I had luck with tiny tungsten, bright colors, and a single grub, while Scott said he was loading his jig up. I wasn't impressed with either size or quantity, but at this point in the season, beggars can't be choosers. I doubt I'd make the trip again, though, as the bite seems to be a shadow of what it was a couple weeks ago. I think that lots of the bigger fish took a frying pan vacation...

We opted to fish deep for Perch away from the masses.Had to fish through the small ones.The Perch are not the size they were 3 or 4 years ago.We did manage good number of fish in the 9 to 10 inch range.There was a lot of current out deep from the open water and wind.

I was on the south end at about 4 1/2.... I started in about 8ft of water, then mover to about 20ft... When I was in 8 ft of water I could see my jig.. The water is very clear.... No one was catching anything....

• 2 months later...