any info on Keuka?

C&R

Camping at the state park in Branchport. Never fished there , looking for fairly current info/locations, any species.

normally fish on more west fingers or on Lake Ontario - don't know the area, but will try it starting w/ bass. etc... Maybe see what the FF looks like - and drop down for Lakers ??

Kids don't care, as long as there is action. :shock: Yes, Ray K - for the kids sake!

;)

Do you have riggers, dipsies? Always hear brightly colored spoons work well in the Messenger Post Fishing Line in sports section. I hear jigging at or near the bluffs works, but I think you need a trolling motor to hover over them with jig. The bluffs would be the crotch of the Y I guess for lack of a better term.

My wife's uncle owns a cottage at the South end of the lake, and her cousin catches a ton of lakers.

Usually by jigging a Buckshot Rattlin Spoon, silver and green tints being most popular colors.

My 14 y/o son even caught a 5 lb. Laker that way a few weeks back.

I do most of my trolling on the Branchport side of Keuka Lake. I use a mix spoon colors. The fishing seems to be tougher this year...last year was a banner year. The dipsy divers have been working well as well as the Seth Green rig. Downriggers have been hit and miss. If you are looking for tackle there is a tackle shop on Pepper Rd (same road the state park is on). The guy has a sign roadside 54A/Pepper Rd. I'm not sure if he has a sign in front of his house. Nice guy.

Nice clean lake, good fishing all over, great views and nice people.

Stopped by the tackle shop by the State Park - friendly fellow.

Anyway, stripped off the trolling gear and kept it simple. More room in the boat, easier to swim, etc..

Loaded up on decent size perch, tons of large sunnies and got into the smallies. Lots of fun for the kids.

Hit a couple LARGE Bronzebacks (17" fatties) in 20fow on East side at the "crotch" of the Y - just off a thick weedbed on the old standby --> worm rigs.

Hard to believe some of the depths I was reading just a stone throw from shore. 148fow in one spot!

Over off Branchport, I was marking all kinds of fish down 60' over 80+. Plenty on the bottom 60 to 80 fow also. Never tried jigging. But, I'll definitely be back & with trolling gear.

Campground was pretty nice with decent size sites. (I've seen some palces where its wide open and on top of each other).

Great place, good thing going on there. I hear you guys .......shhhhhhhh.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Keuka for many years in a row with the Seth Green Rigs during the second week in June. Camped at Park at Branchport and stayed near Bluff several of the years.

Had great luck up till this year's June. Something spooky was going on. Really struck out. Fish on finder but couldn't make them hit. Caught a few, but really goofy. Met folks from Pa. at Park who had still fished it for years successfully with sawbellies. They were having the same results.

Though I knew lakers, but this was a new twist !!!!

misfire