wire dipseys

Clem

TWILI ... !!!!! love em. made a couple custom rods with em on top this year , one was a 9 footer with a broken tip bown to the second ring....twilis got many size coupling....fitted perfect and now ive got a working rod again. now i just need reels and coppa....im thinking Tekotas, but my pockets are whispering Okumas...lol

http://www.buyfishingstuff.com/okumacombos.shtml

Last year I used the Okuma Magda 30D reel with 1000' of 27lb wire and an Okuma 9' Classic Pro Dipsey Diver (or Mooching) rod with a twili tip. Two complete setups cost me about $150 and put fish on the boat.

I did step up to the Convector line of Okuma reel for this year, I just like the handle better.

There is an old saying like "once you go wire you won't go back"...........or something like that. But seriously, it is just awesome to reel in a king on wire.

Make sure you get a rod with good roller guides or ceramic line guides or you will end up spending money twice.

I disagree.... My standard trolling rods with a $7 twilli tip have lasted 5 years and show no signs of wear and tear. I use them twice per week for abour 5 months per year.