SODUS LAUNCH OPEN OR FROZEN

Here are a few pictures from Sodus Point. As you can see there is a small snowbank at the ramp and quite a bit of ice buildup along the shore in the lake. There is a defined line of colored water that goes out a few hundred yards from shore. There is also quite a bit of ice floating in that area. If we get a south wind most of that would clear out pretty quickly. If you go out beware of the wind changing and coming onshore, I have seen the channel fill in within a few hours and you can end up stuck in the lake with no way to get back to the ramp. If anyone wants a report on the ramp this week you can email me and I can go see what things look like within a few minutes. I work at the golf club on the hill as you come into sodus point. [email protected]

0213121250.jpg

0213121252.jpg

0213121252a.jpg

Gert,

I just received an email (4 08 PM) from Shameless and here is what he says:

"I checked along the shore on my way home today. There was ice floating all along the shore as far as I could see and there were a few places where the wind or current had caused lines of ice chunks to form that went out from shore as far as I could see. I wouldn't take my boat out there yet and I assume no one else would either. I will report on the message board when it starts to clear."

I will probably postpone.

If i change my mind later tonite i will post.

BTW if you do go consider a work around if the chute gets clogged....like letting someone off at the pier and then motoring to hughes, pultneyville or bear creek. That was my back up plan.

This buildup happened with the lake effect snow we got this weekend. Strong north wind and over a foot of snow! Sun and warmer should clear it out fairly soon. Email any time for a quick report.

Thanks for all the info shameless. All of us guys down South appreciate it, I am thinking about Saturday or Sunday we will have to see what it looks like Firday. Thanks again Sean