STATE OF THE LAKE - INGLE

LongLine

RIT meeting is back at the Ingle Auditorium:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/80288.html

The meeting dates are as follows:

• Wednesday, February 22, 2012: 7 – 9:30 p.m. at the Oswego County BOCES, 179 County Route 64, Mexico (Oswego County). The meeting is co-hosted by the Eastern Lake Ontario Salmon and Trout Association.

• Tuesday, February 28, 2012: 7 – 9:30 p.m. at the Ingel Auditorium, in Building 4 (Student Union) on the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) campus, Rochester (Monroe County). The meeting is co-hosted by RIT and the Monroe County Fishery Advisory Board.

• Thursday, March 1, 2012: 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Building, 4487 Lake Avenue, Lockport (Niagara County). The meeting is co-hosted by Niagara County Cooperative Extension and the Niagara County Sportfishery Development Board.

Hope to see many guys there. I'll be in the middle, way down front.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...

I was disappointed in the answers they gave to the questions that were asked. One they wouldnt let me ask is, why are they putting all this effort in researching the wild kings. We all know the answer(to cut back on the stocked fish) but they wont come out and tell us that. Why? The wild fish are just a bonus at this point and it would be nice to keep it that way. Especially after all the eye up % of eggs this year and only ONE hatchery. I want to go to meeting someday and hear everything is perfect for numbers, health, dec staff etc etc. Just my thoughts.