keeping warm?

Neo1945

I use the mr heater in the large size. It has a tip sensor and it does allow you to huddle around it. It is designed for the camping, hunting and fishing applications. Do your self a favor buy an adapter so you can fill the little tanks off your twenty pound lp tank you use for your gas grill. Makes it much more economical.

Should be able to dig one up shortly. Was out today but the rig is buttoned up w/ the enclosure folded down and the cover on and a nasty N wind is trying to snow me in. John Mann, Sodus Point Canvas did the work, and John is truly top notch!

CARHARTT insulated polar version.Keeps you warm and dry. Last year in April I waded for a mile often up to my belly pulling my boat behind me in Owasco Lake to a ramp at the bottom of Scipio Center road.

My Carhartts allowed the water in but it also kept me warm.

Should be able to dig one up shortly. Was out today but the rig is buttoned up w/ the enclosure folded down and the cover on and a nasty N wind is trying to snow me in. John Mann, Sodus Point Canvas did the work, and John is truly top notch!

Found a couple pics I had here Andy:

Chowder_002.jpg

Chowder_007.jpg

Found a couple pics I had here Andy:

:heart: *smooch*

:D Ya can't fool me, Yer just lookin for some venison sausage.

Don't worry about the sausage Bob , I never run out!

Neo, A couple words;

-yes the enclosure folds down

-winter fishing doesn't stop w/ the enclosure. You need to cover the whole boat or all the salt & sand gets in everything. So you need a road cover too!

-then when you get home it's a real good idea to spray down the boat & trailer w/ hot water (rinses the salt/grime off quickly)

-I strongly advise you put together a winter bilge pump that you can pack up & keep in the house so you know it doesn't have ice in it.

you get the idea (just ask yourself if it's worth going down this road before you get started ;) )

Neo, if you pick your days in March you will be fine. Just wait till you get dry roads and low wind and you will be good to go. Cayuga is miserably low right now so I'd be thinking about Seneca. Good Luck,-Andy

he wind will really get to you on a open boat. Had a custom canvas enclosure built for my 16' this past fall & now can heat it nicely w/ a lil buddy heater. -Andy

Andy, how is that thing in the wind. Wouldn't it act as a sail with the back open?

Like any small aluminum boat it can be challenging to keep it on a heading when trolling into the wind using the AP. When I'm winter fishing I keep the drop curtain down & unzipped on one side, so there is no wind coming into the wheel house even when trolling down wind.