lake trout derby

well with the derby approching fast ,my partner and i have desided to enter and see how well or poor we can do .. I will be traveling from alabama and havent fished the lake much except a few times on vacation ,didnt have fleas so bad when we used to fish the derby ... My question is will we still be able to run 12 and 15 lb line or will we have to run heavier line in may I know in july the fleas are already a pain and to be honest fishing with 30 and 40 lb line isint a whole lot of fun any help would be appreciated and thanks all ..good luck in the derby and the upcoming season NATIONAL LAKE TROUT DERBY ON SENECA SORRY

No. I have found run a heavy main line with a lighter line for a lead helps. Fleas might show up sooner. Lake is cold but with weather, it might warm up fast this year. Water is too clear.. I think that doesn't help with all of the other issues...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

LAKEBOUND will be staying at my motherinlaws just outside of lodi but will have to trailer the boat and launch at lodi every day what a pain in the butt .. but fishing is never easy for sure ... just worried about the fleas as we have had problems witht hem the first of july to .. why do you ask and good luck with the derby