ANYONE WANNA SEE A "SENECA CHALLENGE"?

Well, a few of us wanna see some real competition tournament fishing on the FLX so here is the idea, were just scribling things down, but it is looking do-able. Dont pay attention to the given numbers but the DATE is a definate. I know what were all thinking, price is high but if you want to win big, you pay big. This is just a template. Anyone can get lucky for the ONE big fish, but lets see who can put a full solid box in the boat when it matters. Like I said, just an idea, if enough people are interested we'll make it worth it. let's at least shoot for 10 total boats to start and go from there. I want to make this a legit event and yearly. I will do it by the books. Just need interest form you!!

nick

seneca_challenge_01.jpg

Looks Like an awesome tournament, very well thought out. Before committing, is there a place at the weigh in to rent transit slips so we can pre fish Friday? I am a strictly cayuga guy, so I may be a bit out of my element.

Of course. The weigh in location might not have transit slips howver a lot of local marinas do. All boats can leave from any marina on the south end. This is where the observer is going to be perfect and make this fair!! But we will all be sitting on the lake near the breakwall. When the horn blows!! OPEN THE FOUR BARRELS UP!!

Two things...Why don't you just have someone check live wells and coolers before the start instead of putting someone on the boat, and second do the same at another launch towards the north with someone checking live wells and coolers and just have the final weigh in in Watkins. Its a long way for some of to drive to watkins and then back up the lake towards Geneva...just a thought.

Shot gun starts are fun for everybody, it is something to see for the guys fishing as well as spectators. It increases the level of competition just by seeing who you are competing against. I say one start point and one weigh in. If we are putting this much money on the line, let's keep the "playing field" level for everybody involved.

First off I like the idea off this tourney a lot and think its a great idea but don't necessarily think we need observers I think we could come up with something better than this.. Could we use part of entry money to give a donation to a local sheriffs department or private investigator to come in and give a lie detector test ?? Obviously if every person entered knows they are gonna be subject to a lie detector (which is used in many tournaments including the red cross) that will cut the cheating factor right out and save the time of finding observer... Who wants to be an observer?? No one wants to ride on a boat all day when fish are being reeled in and not be able to participate...

Mike

I see where youre coming from Mike but who said obervers had to be fisherman? They will need to be licensed sure.. I think finding a organiziation or office to do a polygraph test is gonna be wicked expensive. Yes, I know entry is high. WIN BIG, PAY BIG.. This is all an idea stirring. With enough interest, we will do this. As of now, were at over 12 boats.

I would say the observer would not if to be licensed in he or she was the 4th man on the boat. With the nine rod spread you could say he was not fishing. I would confirm with DEC but that may make it a little easier to grab an observer. Do the observers get thrown into a pool then randomly assigned to boats?

i am defentally interested in this , but think the obsever idea is not needed, who wants to ride in a boat fishing all day and not be able to touch a rod, none of the people i hang with!! cooler and live well checks with some sort of sticker is a much better way. once your checked you can not leave the start area or leave your boat . no docking during fishing hours. also is this a 100% payout or we fishing to help a charity. one more question is about the number of people per boat ,can two fish and run only 6 rods??

Rollie, I agree. I am going to look into charity. and also look into polygraph testing which will get rid of an observer. I am going to plan for a meeting for march 4th. Location TBA. For all who wants too attend I will keep you Updated. As for your rods/person questions. 9 rods will be a maximum. You may fish as many people on your boat as you want. But dec rules will be in effect. 2 guys=6 rods. The nine rod maximum is in effect because there are plenty of boats capable of running 20. :lol:8) This will keep it fair for the smaller guys as well. Im looking forward to this and really want to make this happen. So far we have one tackle shop on board I believe. Maybe we can get some lure companies to jump on and support us FLX guys too.

Nick