ANYONE WANNA SEE A "SENECA CHALLENGE"?

With this warm early spring you will see weeds and fleas by the Lake trout derby. We have been getting pods of green fresh weeds the last 5 weeks on Seneca. That is the only draw back to these lakes.

Like Nick said he is working on it, no one wants an observer and any ideas to keep people honest would be welcome? A polygraph is big bucks. We could all take our chances with a cooler check and flags on the antena of each boat? I think for the most part we would be ok but if it gets big you will have problems. The end of July is prime time so the boxes should be good im in if we can all come together and set up a fun tournament that could last for years. Sean

" Seneca Shootout" sound better for ya? Sorry though. Shot gun start will happen regardless. I am going through all the legalities of this with the village. We're all fishermen. If the price of gas will keep people out then maybe that might hurt our numbers but I still think we can have a great turn out.

Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

ahh yes the fleas!! We tough it out. I'll work on it. But only time to avoid fleas would be june at the latest. This past year fleas were there til october.. :(

Nick,

I know when you get 20 boats we all have a different opinion. I like everything about it....but, I reallly really really would love to see a date that does not conflict with the Lake O Pro Am :@

As of now the date is set stone. No matter what weekend, there's a tournament everywhere. Sorry guys. Were pushing twenty interested boats already with almost fifteen dead set on committing. I will have an update soon.

• 6 months later...

Instead of killing a bunch of fish, why not try something unique. A C&R tournament based on total length of all fish caught. A photograph or video of the fish caught next to a tournament pin that is given out on the day of the tournament. No observers. Just a thought.

Gill their are so many lakers in seneca they need to be thinned bad, but with that said the bait schools were unreal this year some close to a 1/2 mile long and 50 ft thick.
Instead of killing a bunch of fish, why not try something unique. A C&R tournament based on total length of all fish caught. A photograph or video of the fish caught next to a tournament pin that is given out on the day of the tournament. No observers. Just a thought.

YEa, and besides Gill, Nothing against you but you can never make everyone happy! If the DEC felt our lake was over fished by a whole 13 boats... They wouldnt be raising the Laker creel limit to five!!

But this even was great and a great turnout. Can not wait till next years!!

Nick

Nick

I guess I'm going against popular opinion but I like the idea of an observer - I have been an observer in the Pro-am several years ago and had a blast - treated like a king and learned new tricks - and it is impossible to cheat because the observer is part of another boat team. As a purse goes higher the cheating will begin to show it's ugly face.

I dis-like running around to get my cooler check in but an observer means (hopefully) I can avoid that issue. Nick, you know I'll support your toury so count me in.

Paul

You did just what everyone else had to do. It was a few minute canal ride. Nobody can find observers and for boats that are big enough for two maybe three, an observer is not gonna happen, with that said it counts out like five boats already...

Never can make anyone happy..

This year will have a tournament committee. If not, it will be a no go and waste of time. I tried to bring good guys together for good fun. But sometimes there is one in every crowd...

The tourney was a complete success with out observers, Cooler check worked great !! Im all aboard for this year already and cant wait.. Cheaters always find a way to weed themselves out anyway theres a lot of eyes out there and people watching out for others when it comes to the great group of guys that come together for this tourney and others as well... Great Job Nick and cant wait for this year....

Mike