I never thought I would be fishing on Lake Ontario in February but after all the great fishing we have had on Seneca the last two months, and the reports of open water we decided it was time to try the big lake for Browns. With all the wind we had Friday I didn’t know if we would make it out but this morning at 5am the wind had switched over to a light breeze out of the South/East. We hit the lake at 8:00 am after launching out of Warrens Hook Line and Sinker where we also picked up some tackle. Once we hit the lake the snow and wind started and it stayed that way off and on all morning. The water temp and air temp were both 34 deg most of the day, it was cold but with the heated cabin it was easy to get warmed up. We had five of us on the boat and we were able to run a great spread of crank baits and spoons off the boards, riggers and I even ran a 25ft copper rig off the outrigger with good results. We set up just west of Sodus in 30 FOW; I wanted to get most of the riggs out before we hit the fish. Once we hit 13 fow we tripled up with three browns, it was nonstop till 1:30 when we called it quits. At one point we had seven Browns on and my dad, sister, and daughter got to put over 30 great looking browns in the boat. My sisters brother-in-law was also out, he took a few for the grill and the rest all went back in the lake for the next trip. Cranks out 120 on the boards, spoons down 5 to 10ft on the riggers back 60, and a 25ft copper rig off the outrigger all took several fish.

IMG_8044.jpg

The boat ready to go!

IMG_8038.jpg

Sierra and her first Lake O Brown

IMG_8041.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn17 ... 5368_n.jpg[/img]

417664_373929239303509_324369347592832_1351750_1325105663_n.jpg

one my sister put in the boat

IMG_8030.jpg

My dad the driver LOL

IMG_8049.jpg

Todays Hot Baits

Looks like a "reel" good time Sean. Wanted to fish out of Sodus myself yesterday but the forecast did not seem favorable for my 16'. How was the launch at Warrens?

Hi Andy, I wouldn't of fish yesterday in my small boat the wind was cranking. The launch at Warrens worked great. You want to launch and go to the East along the docks then turn North around the bouy to get to the lake. Dont just take the short way North/East from tha launch it is all sand and only 1ft deep. Sean

very nice setup. howw do you like the vert trees? im guessing you run inline boards?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The trees are great I run inline or the big boards, most of the time it is inlines. They are from great lakes planers his stuff is great, I also have the elevated dual dipsey holders and they save on the back big time. Sean

very nice setup. howw do you like the vert trees? im guessing you run inline boards?

where does your line from your big boards come from? mine are on my rocket laucher thats why I havent pulled the tigger on the vert trees yet

The trees are great I run inline or the big boards, most of the time it is inlines. They are from great lakes planers his stuff is great, I also have the elevated dual dipsey holders and they save on the back big time. Sean

Lol we are gonna be done with browns and moved on to steelies out deep by the time my boat is in next month at this rate!! Leave some for me, let me help the wife get my kid borne then I can rejoin the fun...

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png