Hoyt Carbon Element

indian

Yeah freak'in pricey......But the "OMG THATS SMOOOOOOTH!" factor is well worth it. I'll give everyone some good advice, If you don't want to spend the money on one.....DO NOT TEST SHOOT IT! Its that smooth, you'll buy it.

I've been bowhunting sense before compounds were a viable option. I've shot an awful lot of bows. I shoot 3-d in the Penn York league and shoot on a Tuesday night indoor league, I'm far from new or inexperienced, This bow is literally like shooting air, there is no thunk, no twang, no nothing. You only hear the fletches cutting air as the arrow heads down range. It took me 5, yes 5 shots while sighting it in at twenty yards to achieve a robin hood(its on the wall at Barrett's).

I just can not imagine how anyone will top this bow. :beer:

I couldn't agree more, that why I ordered mine last week. Can't wait until it gets here. They are pricey but when you only buy a new bow every 5 to 10 years makes it a little less painful.

Anyone in the market for a new bow, has to shoot one of these to feel and hear the difference. Of course as Indian noted if you shoot it you will want to buy it.

• 4 weeks later...
It is a smooth bow, I can't deny. They are so big and ugly though. Couldn't imagine maneuvering through the branches in my treestand. I love my Bear Strike.

Big and ugly? LMAO! Your Walmart/Dicks/Basspro/(insert generic chain store here) bow is 30" axle to axle and isn't even in the same zip code as far as engineering and quality goes. BTW the Element is 32" axle to axle, 2" is hardly huge. How can you even try to compare a $300 bow to a $1100? One that weighs over a pound more as well? AND last I checked, deer don't care what the bow looks like that kills them...lmao. You get what you pay for I guess.

I'd love a new bow, but saved to purchase a new Parker Inferno, for my son, and with a daughter in college(Dean's list again, said the proud father) I'll just keep on shooting my big 'ol Oneida Eagle Aero Force 80.

The DEC will allow crossbows in a year or so, and hopefully will grab one of those, then.

I've got a buddy that's been into crossbows for years, using them successfully for bear and boar in Canada. I enjoy plinking with them - they're fun and accurate. For deer, I personally prefer my compound. The crossbow doesn't reach out any farther, is loud when fired, heavy and unwieldy. It has two real benefits I see: a scope and you don't get stuck at full draw playing peek-a-boo with a deer behind a tree. I wouldn't mind them in the woods during bow but I'll stick with my Mathews.

• 2 months later...
It is a smooth bow, I can't deny. They are so big and ugly though. Couldn't imagine maneuvering through the branches in my treestand. I love my Bear Strike.

Big and ugly? LMAO! Your Walmart/Dicks/Basspro/(insert generic chain store here) bow is 30" axle to axle and isn't even in the same zip code as far as engineering and quality goes. BTW the Element is 32" axle to axle, 2" is hardly huge. How can you even try to compare a $300 bow to a $1100? One that weighs over a pound more as well? AND last I checked, deer don't care what the bow looks like that kills them...lmao. You get what you pay for I guess.

The Fred Bear bows are definitely not Walmart bows. They are built for hunters, not 3D shooters or someone trying to keep up with the Jones's. I know the Carbon Element is considered to be top of the line when compared to most bows, but since I don't shoot competitively and I hunt hard during archery season, I would rather have my Bear Strike in my hand with top quality arrows, and enough coin in my pocket to miss a few days of work to sit in my stand.

• 2 years later...

Well dec already allows them the last three days of northerntier and last two weeks of southerntier bow,hope they have a different time for cross bows?and you should have to have a bow hunter safety course instead of just a muzzle loader license to use them?just my opinion?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United