Kring point

victorytea

I live in the area and fish it regularly. Perch are generally there as soon as ice is out. You could get a small boat in now as the main river is basically ice free. I ice fished inside on Goose Bay yesterday and caught a couple decent pike, a few nice perch off tip-ups, and many small perch and bluegills on jig poles..

f_002.jpg

The launch at Kring's is iced in still but I believe you can slide a small boat in off the point. We launched a boat at Wagoner's Marina yesterday and watched the Polar Bear Dip at A-Bay. Right now Chippewa Bay, Eel Bay, Lake of the Isles and Goose Bay can be ice fished. All can be good. Chamount Bay can be very good but not sure on ice conditions there (it was open outside last week). All of these bays can be hot for perch. Within the next couple weeks all should be available for open water fishing.

• 2 years later...

I drove to Goose Bay and Kring's this morning but did not fish. I did talk to a former student that has been catching them pretty well fom shore but wasn't dong well in the wind today. I only saw one boat at Kring's but the ramp at both Kring's and Goose Bay are open. I have also talked to a couple guys that have been hitting the crappies well both on the river and at Black Lake. I'm sure this cold weather and north wind has shut that bite down. I'm planning on fishing locally tomorrow and fishing the lake for browns on Friday.