Restaurants - Cook your catch?

Just returned from the keys and spent every day fishing. In the mid afternoon we took out catch (felleted) area restaurants for "catch n cook". For 7 - 8 dollars they cooked your fish any way you wanted and onion rings / fries / coleslaw. This is a great concept! I checked our local health department and there is nothing in the code restricting this idea.

Anyone here in NY take there catch to a retaurant to be cooked ???

Just Curious, Lavarock

In my area, I made arrangement with the chef at Ellicottville Brew Pub to do that for

any of my clients that want to. Same kind of deal....cook it, with sides for some fair

rate.

No one has yet, as often it seems as though they would stay the night before the charter,

but not the night of. Honestly, I keep meaning to take some over myself....but haven't yet.

Also heard that the Barcelona Harbor House in Barcelona has done that from time to

time.....

John

The late Cahill's Fishery in Oswego would deep fry our perch, bullhead, smelt and walleye for years from the later 80's till later 90's, they went out of business though. If they weren't too busy they cleaned em for us too, plus they would buy our extra perch, smelt and bullhead, did that for a long time

Price Chopper in Oswego use to do it quite a few years ago too, but I have been turned down there many times over the last 5 years

Great idea and they did it cheap, of course we were always adding fries and refreshments. Those were the days

Tom

I spoke to Shane about this at Steamers in Oswego and he plans on doing it again this summer for my guests. It will be even easier when they open the restaurant in the new Lake Ontario Convention Center located in the Best western right next to our marina.

I will talk to Angelo at Alba's Subs & Ice Cream about cooking walleye for customers,very good idea and he is 1/2 mile from Barcelona Launch in Westfield,NY on NY 394 just over the I-90 on the left side of the road.Take a trip to Guyana South America with me and I'll have my amerindian cook slow roast your catch on banboo rack over fire coals!

I don't think that there are any good reciepes for gobys.

Check with Muskybob on here. Besides his renowned Goby Guide service I understand he has some excellent Adirondack Goby recipes up his sleeve too. ;)

Any chance a guy could get one of those "Musky's Goby Guide Service" shirts?

Sounds like there is potential...................... Maybe we'll talk to the folks at Steamers the next time we fish in Oswego. How about Rudy's in Oswego?

I'll talk to the owners of a few places on Cayuga to see if they woud be willing to do it as well (Omallies, Habiscus Harbor, Wolffy's, Deer Head) Seems like a fine end to a day of fishing to me........

I don't think that there are any good reciepes for gobys.

Check with Muskybob on here. Besides his renowned Goby Guide service I understand he has some excellent Adirondack Goby recipes up his sleeve too. ;)

Any chance a guy could get one of those "Musky's Goby Guide Service" shirts?

I don't know which one of you is worse, you or L&M :rofl: HANK is the Goby KING!!!

• 3 weeks later...