Hot Lure: chartreuse sticks

Trolling Speed: 1.9-2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:6-20

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Invited Russ and Melisa from Honey Hole Charters out today for some february brown fishing. Just out side the chute Russ thought he saw a log in the water but it turned out to be a large brown floating just under the surface it was alive but didn't look to healthy. We set up just in front of the trailer park and headed west. Things started out slow, not getting our first hit till well after maxwell. When we did find them it was game on. We had doubles and triples today and possibly more. Four fish were over ten pounds. Russ caught one that was 30"+. We caught our first bow of the year; however, it was deformed. We kept 4 and released the rest. We saw two other boats out today both were open, i surely appreciated my canopy watching them in the wind out there. Here are some pics of our day.

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

We were one of the other boats out yesterday from sodus. We landed 12 out of 15 with one weighing a little over 12 lbs.. Most of our fish came on firetiger and silver and black sticks, and watermelon spoons down 5-8 ft. Nice day for the first run of the year.

Will - I didnt fish.. A couple guys I was supposed to head up there with bailed. I was going to go up by myself but when I woke up around 4:30 a.m. the wind report had switched to a strong West and I didnt feel like fighting the boat and trying to fish by myself. The wind just doesnt quit this time of year. Hopefully Sunday I'll be out on one of the Fingers. Glad you had a solid day though.