Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
John M

Cayuga bass (smb and lmb)

How has the bass (lmb and SMB) bite been? i know the past couple years the bite has been off. But somehow a few anglers seem to figure them out. I haven't been able to pattern these fish and have limited time to try to figure them out. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on patterns that are working with some regularity. Are they suspended off the weed edges? chasing bait fish?

Thanks for the help

John M

[email protected]

We've been pounding the lake this w/ minimal results. The only pattern that i can truly say will work is get crabs and fish the points. A few we fish are sheldrake, long pt, crow bar pt. Start at the out side edge of the weeds and drift deep keeping in contact w/ the bottom. Last weekend we caught fish all the out to 42 ft on sheldrake pt. Vertical jigging will work as well w/ tubes.

John

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Video on gobie on bass spawn

In the past few days, the lab crew conducted some interesting experiments on Lake Ontario to determine whether gobies will consume any of the “bottom fry” stage of Smallmouth Bass if the male is angled off the nest and quickly returned. They were able to get some amazing footage that provides the answer. We thought it was definitely worth sharing. For those that are interested, some additional information is provided below.   For several years, we’ve been investigating the relationship between

in Bass Fishing

• 1993 Nitro Rick Clunn edition 17' bass boat

1993 Nitro Rick Clunn edition 17'. Johnson 115 motor which runs great. Comes with Powerdrive V2 55lb 12v trolling motor with wireless Fab. Lowrance Elite 5 electronics. Led bow mounted front nav lights. Seats and carpet in decent shape. Trailer has new tires last year with two spares bunk rails replaced a few months ago. One of which is mounted on trailer.4900.00 or best offer. Serious inquiries only.   585-975-9607   Dan   Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app  

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Cayuga 11/2/19

Good day on the lake today with a new friend. Little muddy on the south end. Moved up to tfalls boasted 3 lakers , 1 Skippy Salmon , 1 long line release not bad for November   Sent from my SM-S327VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app    

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Cayuga 10/25

Solo trip out of South end.  Ran flat lines with spoons & stickbaits.  Did 4 Browns & 2 Salmon.  Temp on top was 53.  The Browns were all in the 2lb range, full of Gobies.  Salmon were both small. Trolled E side, mostly 20 - 60 FOW.  After one Brown spit up a Gobie on the boat, I put it aside so I could get a picture. 10 minutes later I realized I still needed that pic, so got it and tossed the Gobie over board.  This one looked like the tail section was starting to get digeste

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Bass ripped off the beds

I notice a continued problem with anglers coming to the Thousand Islands region before the bass season and taking fish off the beds. I see it every year and they are often out of state boats.. When confronted they say they are releasing the fish which is likely true but still illegal. I try to educate them on the fact that gobies are gobbling up eggs as a result. Wise there were more of a DEC presence protecting these fish.     Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in Bass Fishing