CAYUGA???????????

There have been a few threads this past week where you can see the different launch's status. None of them are to incouraging at the moment. Tremen is super low and guys have had to "push" through the mud to get back in and T-Falls is also super skinny. From an earlier post they will be closing T-Falls for a week starting 3-5, hopefully to hoe it out some. I'd think about hitting Seneca for the next couple of weeks. LJ

I have called every launch point on the south end.. even went as far as to look on craigs list for rental properties and email the owners to see if they have places to launch.... plane and simple cayuga is pretty much closed to larger boats

YUP!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Ithaca yatch club is very slow respond. I inquired about a slip for April if the lake does not come up enough to get my boat in and out of the hoist. They do have a one lane asphalt ramp that looked passable last weekend. Another option is to use the south side of myers pt at finger lakes marina. I believe there is a $5 honest box near the office. If memory serves me when the lake is at summer pool they had around 7 fow through the break wall and in the marina. you could call Mrs Forde the owner 607 533 4422.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Mower

I was just down at the launch at Finger Lakes Marine Service (South side of Myers), and the water is so low that any trailer would drop off the concrete pad at their launch and be lost in the mud bottom there. Not a viable option at this point.

I'll try to take a drive down by east shore sailing and see what their launch looks like tomorrow.

Ithaca yatch club is very slow respond. I inquired about a slip for April if the lake does not come up enough to get my boat in and out of the hoist. They do have a one lane asphalt ramp that looked passable last weekend. Another option is to use the south side of myers pt at finger lakes marina. I believe there is a $5 honest box near the office. If memory serves me when the lake is at summer pool they had around 7 fow through the break wall and in the marina. you could call Mrs Forde the owner 607 533 4422.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Mower

I had already called there and mrs forde told me they could not launch there

Once again the dec of new york has drained the lakes so they are unusable to those that pay their fees the sportsmen ..They control the lakes like they do their deer herd up and down ..after the flood last year all should know it was going to be a dry year for the lake ..after all the money crowd is taking most of the shoreline over not the older lake peaple that understood and loved lake life ,,,and for those that look and see im from alabama i still have family up their and fish them more than the so called fishermen only my licence cost considerable more .. good fishing and keep your line tight . :@

You must understand the logic behind the NYS DEC and it's request to the state to lower the lake lower then normal. The inlet in Ithaca has been diagnosed with a very invasive weed. They made chemical applications last year in an attempt to control the weed. Now due to time of year it was determined a method of IPM (integrated pest management) would further the reduction of the weed by low water levels. Even though we as anglers are inconvienced now it is an attempt to protect our fishery. My own personal opinion is I will take the inconvenience now to protect the future of my fishery. If you disagree with me, you better get used the tons more floating weeds in the lake and don't complain about it! I support the state and DEC in the decision they made for they are the true stewards of our lakes and ultimately have our best interest in mind. Further more this method of IPM is a 100% free to us tax payers.