H.R.4089

lineman49

The bill's short title is: Sportsmen's Heritage Act of 2012.

Its purpose is "To protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing and shooting" (including polar bear conservation).

Status [Last Updated: Feb 29, 2012 6:17AM]: This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Explanation: Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee. This is why it's important to voice your support for the bill.

Here is a neat link where you can read more about it and support it by clicking on the SUPPORT button: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr4089

~ Michele

Captain's Cove Resort, Inc.

http://www.fishcaptainscove.com/

[email protected]

585-682-3316

Captain, thanks for doing the explanation. I don't do the copy, cut, paste, glue ,whatever thing. And my spelling and typing are worse. Takes for ever. Tbromund, if you google any of the bills #'s all their info. will come up most times. Just a little tip. ;) thanks

Basically it prohibits the feds from restricting hunting & fishing on Federal land for the heck of it. Only under 'sound science" & hard evidence/justification can they prohibit hunting & fishing. They have to publish any closings in the Federal Register. Also they cannot require a federal license. (however states still can) Hunting & fishing is not given a priority over other things such as the "local pinic area". (my words)

At a quick glance, I didn't see anything in it that hurts the sportsman.

Tom B.

(LongLine)