Winter Boat project

gokudl3

Late Fall i blew my motor and figured it was a good time to do a new floor and try to make as much room as possible. Here are a few pics of the long project i had. For the floor i used 5/8 advantech subfooring which is the best when it comes to water resistance. I used a two part closed cell foam for under the floor and two gallons of herculiner bed liner :clap:for the surface , stuff is awesome! I built the side console and gave it two coats of fiberglass resin and then bondo,sand and paint. The plexiglass i cut of my old console and fitted it to the new one. It was alot of work but im extremely happy

First the Old

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

the floor

image-6.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

photo.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-16.jpg

Piece of wood between casting deck and floor is advantech bondo, and paint

image-14.jpg

I did three coat of herculiner on the floor and it is realy thick and strong. I bought a can of the Rustoleum bedliner spray to see how it was before i bought the gallon and i wasnt impressed. So i figured i would spend alittle extra and get the herculiner because i heard it was thicker. Herculiner was about 90$ a gallon. Foam was from uscomposites.com, 16 pound kit ( two gallons) was about 90$ with shipping.

Few more Pics to come after the mast ans other toys get on it. Hopefully i will be on the niagara soon, i have taking it out and it ran great

Thanks guys...carp, for the bottom of the hatch I used a grate for transferring pop bottles or something. Burger king on Lyell ave. is being remodeled and I have been working there and I just scooped it out of the dumpster, cut it to size. For the side I just Used wood that also supports the floor. I use my cooler for a seat so I can just move it around, I'm hardly sitting unless its a slow day

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

gokudl3,

Thanks for the information and pictures, I'm about to tackle my 16 ft Starcraft FM160. Your post has been very helpful!

Big Dave- We'll have to compare our progress. Mine is a 1988 with a 35hp Merc.

(Get ready Hank, I'm really gonna do it this time!!)

Jim