Onieda Lake Sylvan Beach

W.W.IV.

Yesterday the 28th my son and friends went out from the beach, the Eyes were hitting good. About 9:30 a couple guys headed back in and found the ice moved off shore leaving a 30 ft. crack to cross, they warned the others out there, about 60-70 fisherman,they had to wade up to there Go-nads to shore and floated a snow mobile across on a big chunk of floating ice. They'll be back out as soon as the wind blows the ice back in. :(

That group of guy's and gal (40 total stranded out there) did a great job of banding together , and making sure everyone out there got notified and knew the predicament they were in,..... then helped each other each get off the ice , and wade through the open water in a safe location to get to shore. True sportsmen and women , good human beings in general, doing the right thing in a time of need. We never know how conditions can change on us out in the great outdoors, whether on ice , or water , back in the woods , or up on a mountain...... you 've got to be prepared ,and keep a level head.This group, some of which are LOU members, did an awesome job,..... and i'm sure glad they all got off safely ....choo-choo

I'm not to good on the computer as far as posting pictures from other websites etc.....but if there is anyone that knows how to do it, it would be great to post some of those Oneida lake ice fishing evacuation pictures here ,of LOU member Snagger and and the others, from the Ice Shanty.com website. Thanks in advance....choo-choo