B young look at the atommik triple crown series. Its a great series of events. Cheap entry fee decent cash and usually some good sponsor prizes. 10000 dollars worth no but it really was a great series.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

i agree. the east end events seem to be more fishing/tourney friendly to the weekend warriors and smaller boats. i live 5 minutes from the lake on the west end. i must admit to have gotten lazy to traveling much for salmon fishing. i wish there were more tourneys down this way like atomic tom puts on out that way. nice job..tom :yes: ..that aside i hope the open division of the pro/ams takes off. would like to fish a few but need another hour or two to fish. probably would have to wrap it up by 10 or 10:30 to make it back to the launch, load and trailer to the weigh station...if everything goes well.

Lateron is a charter boat but the guys who won the Atomic where all ams. I own the boat and hire a Capt for any charters booked. The Charters are few and far between as there are LOTS of great charter boats in the area, the few charters help pay for fuel, insurance and slip fees. This worked out OK, not great but OK. The best part is I get to use my boat for fishing when I want. So there where no pros on the boat during the Atomic Tourney. Afterall the only difference between pro and am is being a licensed guide or capt and the amount of entry money involved.

JANZ

WWW.LATERONCHARTERS.COM

Jan is right. I am a charter captain but do not charter on LO. Last year I had to fish pro at the oswego pro am. I took a skunk on day 1! I was running a 22 ft islander bt the lake was throwing 6 footers.I could not fish effectively. It laid down on day 2 and I won the come back award with a great box. I will not fish the new pro am rules for that amount of entry fee with communication. Its a shame I can not be included in your format.

Just a few thoughts:

1. Is it possible that these could be hosted by independent tackle shops? Identify four or five tackle shops that would be willing to be used as weigh in location and keep the entry simple $200-$300 per boat. Tackle shops handle all of the cash. A group of four or five committee members at each event. Check boats in the morning at the launch. Seal the coolers on return and man the weigh station. No raffles needed. Maybe a 50/50 and some hotdogs.

2. If these events are scheduled at the same as other events (having the "Niagara Tourney" the same day the ProAms are having the Orleans Tourney) this would eliminate numerous pros.

3. Would the ProAm committee be interested in participating and possible using a similar format as the Pros but for the Ams but on a different weekend? Instead of taking away from this event maybe adding to it?

I took a skunk on day 1! I was running a 22 ft islander bt the lake was throwing 6 footers.

Where were you fishing Scott....I don't recall 6 footers on day one of Oswego ?? Hey..stop your belly aching and team up with Jan and fish it out of his tank. You're fishing the WHI....and that's a lot more $$ for entry fee than the pro am. I bet most all teams sign the no comm agreement this year, so I doubt open communication will be an issue.

You staying at 4 mile this year? I still owe you :)

I was a little to the left of port and.it was rough! I couldn't fish into the waves. Had to make a troll with em and then pull up, run and start again. I had 14 fish on and lost them all due to the up and down in the waves. Not too worry now rod, I upgraded to a 26 ft glass boat. Yes we will be at 4 mile. Stop over. I was going to do the oswego pro am but the date was moved and its on my anniversary. I want to be able to keep fishing, so that one is out. Har har. 1 month to go!

Cool man...we gotta hang out one night and lie about where the fish are and what was working that day :rofl::rofl: I plan on being there most of the week, so I'll find ya. I still gotta make reservations.

It takes a lot of time and energy to put on a tournament like this. The first thing is finding the person or group of people that would do this for little to nothing.

I think if you keep the rules simple and have a 300.00 entry fee you could get a lot of boats. I like the idea of having a tackle shop doing the weighing but finding one with a parking lot big enough will be tough.