Trim Tabs

Icemann

Going to pull the pin on a set of trim tabs this spring.

Boat just doesn't want to get on plane with 4 adults and a cooler full of fish without 2 people having to get up into the cuddy to help keep the nose down.

Just not sure what is better, Electric or hydrolic.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks, Brian

I had the same question here without much response awhile ago. I might put some on also. For what it's worth I thuoght the Lenco electric are nice because you don't have to mess with the hydraulic pump & oil and they say the electric are faster to respond when useing. I have looked at both web sites. My buddy has the lenco's on his 20' Key West & they work great. Jmo. good luck.

Ford Chevy Dodge. But Tabman, from Bennett took care of me on some new o rings. and I bought the boat used.. Sent them to me free.. If I was buying new, I would stay with hydraulic as opposed to electrics...Nothing in the water is going to corrode on a hydraulic unit... Every thing electrical is tucked up in the dry out of the weather..

You should look at the brand Insta Trim Boat Levelers. I have had a set for years and they are great, they work forever and are very reasonably priced. They are very simply designed and install easy.

I also have Lenco electric tabs and am satisfied with their performance. The main switch ( #1235C - Indicator sw w/self retract) went bad after a year (3 year warranty) and Lenco sent me a replacement at no cost in less than a week.

Space & adding more weight aft was an issue in my 19' er. What helped me make up my mind was when I was at a boat show in Richmond, VA 5 years ago I saw that the Lenco's were standard with some of the bigger boats ( 25' to 35' ), so I figured if they were good enough for those boats then they should be OK on mine and they are.

Installation was pretty straight forwards and replacing parts once installed will be no more work than a couple screws and unplugging a connector.

Good luck with your decision. Either way you'll be glad you added trim tabs.