Joined the crowd out of Oswego this AM. Not in the LOC. Started setting lines by 6:00am got our first hit befor the second rod was set. It was down 50 over 80 fow. John H got the fish almost close enough to see and it spit out the LBB on a white glow echip. O yea the fish also laughed at John H knowing he was a rookie. Followed the pack (no down speed & temp) north west for about an hour befor our second hit on a mag NBK down 45 over 160. John now skillfully landed his first Lake O king and got the skunk off the boat. Next the wire dipsy started to scream, we had a custom made spoon (Mr. Cream Jeans) out 200 on a 2.5 setting. By the time John W started gaining on the fish he had well over 500 ft of line out. After about a 20 min battle we netted the boat record to date 23 lb king. As we kept heading west we found some cohos up higher. Hooked one on the mag NBK down 35 over 180 but the fish spit the hook as it came completely out of the water about 40 ft behind the boat. O yea it was laughing at Doug who was just standing there with a limp rod in his hand :lol:

Not three minutes later Doug got his chance again as he landed a nice 13 lb coho that hit a green/gold fly behind greeg glo SD. We then turned east and fished back with the wind to Oswego and had one final hit on that mag NBK again down 45 over 100 fow, we let the teenager swim to fight another day.

Over all went 4 for 6, not bad with all the boat traffic and very little marks. Range was 2.2 to 3.0 on the GPS for speed.

John H with his 1st Lake O King.

Oswego006.jpg

John W taking a dump or trying to hold the boat record 23# King

Oswego008.jpg

The crew.

Oswego011.jpg

[/url][/code]

mexico bay was loaded with fish saturday morning my wife and i had our limit by 730 end up going 12 for 15. we took fish on the ice crush, sweet pea, pro am, but the glow hammer took 7 fish alone, but we ran it different. i put it on inside out so that the red tape was shown. there was alot boats out there complaining that they could catch anything.

Clarke,

I live just off the 81 exit in the morningside area.(far right in photo) I scuba dive with John Wickwire and John Hinchcliff both stay on the southend of Skaneateles Lake for the summer.(blue &pink in photo) The other guy is Doug Brown from Cortlandville, works at Cooper. He drives my boat and helps me guess where to fish. Just got the boat last December and have had a pretty good season this year. About 10 trips, Olcott and Oswego, only one skunk, a couple double didget mornings and new boat record kings the last three trips out.

Greg Miller