Mexico Report 8/24-8/25

I'm writing this sitting in the harbor in Oswego watching water pour over the breakwater...

Got in Friday and hit the water around 2:30pm. Set up in 80 FOW, working out to 120 FOW. Went 1 for 2. First fish hit, drag screaming. Played for about a minute, lost it. Brought the line in and all that was left was a part of the split ring that pulled apart on the swivel. Green e-chip/Hammer, 90 ft down. Next fish came down 65 in 110 FOW, White SD with Green spots, Hammer. 22#. Slowed up after that, went in around 7:30pm. Thought I was going to melt when the wind died down :D

Saturday set up in same water, west of the launch toward 9 Mile. Late start put us on the water around 6:45am. Didn't have the 2nd road set when thr White SD w/ Green spots/Hammer rips free - 25#, 50 down in 100 FOW. Next up...same rig, 50 down - 12# coho. Last hit was our first dipsey set, out 180 at 2.5. Green/White (no spots) SD, Hammer ( I sense a pattern). Fish hit starbord, crossed to port right away, got tangled in one of the other sets and that was the end of the fish. Stopped cold after that for us. We saw a number of boats taking fish, including a number of doubles or rapid hits.

We were A LITLE optimistic this morning, and it doesn't look good as far as wind today. Hopefully it'll lay down some after sun up. Good luck to all. I'll be posting all week (hopefully)!