I-Bay/River 8/25 UpGrady Report

Sorry for the delay, got side tracked last night.

Fished from 6:30-2pm. Spent most of the morning in 180 fow and then slid out from 220-250. Much better class of fish in this water than offshore on Friday. Boated about 15 fish and dropped another 15. Mixed bag of two year olds, matures, steelhead and a coho. Boated 4 matures (18-21 lbs), lost another 4. They were tearing us up on sliders on 50 and 35' riggers until about 10am, then the mainlines took over. Orange crush and froggy yecks on the sliders, NK NBK on mainlines did the damage. 300' wire took a few kings, yes they were down deep as well.

Not out on Sunday, brother is headed back to SC around noon, but it was good to get him back out on these fish after a 10 year hiatus.

Way to go Hans. We ended up fishing inside and outside of you.

Started in about 120 and worked to 150 and then motored out

to 275. We worked that out to 450 boating a mixed bag.

We ended up 6 for 8 boating 4 bows, a 20lb king, and a small

coho. We lost another screamer and a nice bow that put on

an air show for us. The fish came on NBK's, and shiner 28's.

Frank, sounds like you found some fish to. Good job! We fished hard for a derby fish, but no luck... we dumped one steelhead in two days of fishing that was leaderboard material, but that's it.

Thats great number of catches - 15! I would love to be able to do that someday!

Went out this morning from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. fishing solo out in 180 to 280 FOW slightly to the east out of bay. My friend backed down and I tell myself what if I landed a derby fish and nobody was with me. I would've skinned him 20,000 ways had it happened.

But no, it barely happen. Went 3 for 3 with 23 lbs King and teen king and small steelhead. I became real tired dragging the fish and trying to net the fish all in short time. Kings took spin doctor mount dew and A-TOm_mik Fly. The steelhead gave a great acrobat dance in the air. :lol: Gotta love the steelies.

tight lines and good luck on the derby fish.

Frank,

You did not call an unemployed charter captain Sat AM for that offshore tipp did you :shock: :?:

Glad it worked out you sounded stoked at the end of that day.

Jerry

REBEL

Jerry,

I didn't know you retired from the chartering ranks... fulltime tournament trail now, right? This how rumors get started, be caregul!

I guess Frank has picked up a few things from you over the years, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again...

Frank,

Did I hear that your back couldn't handle all of the fish you caught over the weekend?

I've never fished with Jerry... just heard stories thru the years. I'm sure you have plenty, if that boat's gunwales could speak! Sandy guys always snubbed us Oak guys, esp. on the rare occasions we drifted down to the Nose and started stealing their fish. Always were funny conversations on the radio...

I wish it was the fishin' that busted my back but I don't tink so.

At least I wasn't at work... :D

As for Rebel. I've been fishin' with him since we were kids.

You'd think by now I woulda worked my way outa the #4

slot on the tournament paperwork. I'm still workin on that one.

Jerry's a good friend and a great charter captain. Yes, I learned

much of what I know from him and I'm thankful.

Stories? Yeah we gotta bunch of 'em.

But if I told you, I'd have to kill you.